Racism & Sexism (etc) discussion

You might want to look at the work the woman is doing.
Out of the two involved here, one is clearly making a difference to people. I don’t see for a minute her looking for some opportunity of self righteous opportunity.
She has been invited to a function and then been treated in an ignorant manner when answering a question.

1 Like

No she absolutely did not do this.

There is a very clear distinction she has made in calling out the institution and not anybody within it.

I would imagine what she does best is help support victims of domestic abuse.

What is the institution if not the people in it. Without the people there is no institution it’s just being vague to not to defame anyone.

3 Likes

Good idea.

The royal mail boss really is an odious piece of work

3 Likes

So in your view, what is she calling out the institution based on?

Why would I apply my own view to that? She’s stated what the problem is in her view and done so in a way that isn’t intended to vilify anybody. Yes her medium for conveying that is this one experience but that was literally her experience, what else is she meant to say?

What do you think about her tweeting to 20k followers via her charitys account about a specific person? Is that not vilification in any way?

4 Likes

So her one experience now is proof of institutional racism. I wish I could ask her how she got to that conclusion.

Nowadays it’s all about how you feel and you personal experience facts be damned

No it’s not vilification. The thing happened to her while she was there representing the charity.

Send her a tweet.

Dave cmon man. Just call people dickheads or something. Joking about mental health stuff isn’t cool.

So there is no link between the institutional racism thing she has said and her tweet regarding the conversation with the palace lady?

Mate, it’s not just that. I’m not the one joking about it. At all.

The question doesn’t make sense to me.

She made a tweet. Media contacted her. She expanded. She never named or identifying anyone. She called out not the person but the overall structure. The structure reacted. The woman left her post and apologised.

She could have not made the tweet in the same way the woman could not have asked where she was from 8 times. Lol. But no, it happened to her, she’s allowed talk about it and the rest isn’t on her at all.

My bad. I thought you were taking a shot at someone for pretending to have mh issues.

1 Like

He was.

3 Likes

No