Put me up on England

You literal fucks. I love it :grin:

2 Likes

Do you want to know what the 25th is called? I’ll let you guess :grin:

1 Like

I know in Ireland and Italy it’s a public holiday called St Stephens day, in France and Portugal it’s just a normal day but then there’s loads of saints and independence days to make up for it.

It’s still the same thing though. We might call it Boxing Day, but we don’t do anything different to what has been listed. You have a dog called Dave, we have one called Brian.

2 Likes

Ok so it’s an English/Empire thing to call it Boxing Day, whereas no other country without ties to the colonies call it that.

If you went around Europe saying “happy Boxing Day!” to people they would have no clue what you were on about.

Sure, we all use the same calendar system so that the 26th follows the 25th everywhere but that doesn’t mean other countries celebrate Boxing Day. Brits have a name for it based on a tradition of giving their servants presents, Europeans do not.

Although apparently some countries have it as St. Stephen’s Day which I’ve literally never heard of before and I’ve lived in several of those European countries so it’s clearly not something celebrated in the same way as Brits celebrate Boxing Day.

3 Likes

Boxing day is football and eating the rest of the christmas dinner day.

Boxing day by noon is glorious as the Christmas records don’t get played for another 12 months.

2 Likes

Do they play Christmas songs before noon on Boxing Day? That’s actually surprised me lol.

Have you noticed how most of these Christmas songs originate from 1973 to 1984? Maybe an indictment of modern day music.

Not sure it reflects bad on modern day music.
I do wonder how these songs survive though for so long.

1 Like

I know you don’t like Christmas music but the classics are so much better than the recent ones.

The new ones are all absolutely gash, my girlfriend and I always rage when we put on Christmas Hits rather than Christmas Classics on Spotify

I didn’t think it had anything to do with independence? They were doing it long before they got independence from us.

I would have gotten away with confusing independence day with thanksgiving if it wasn’t for this pesky jakey boy :joy:

3 Likes

What’s the public’s general feeling on England’s place in the world today as a major world power?

We think we’re a laughing stock lol

1 Like

So will Camilla be the queen or the “queen consort”?

And what exact does that mean? Like is it an associate queen designation of some kind?

1 Like

Queen Consort. And it means nothing really. Companionship. She shares Charles’ duties officially. Because we’re still old fashioned where a King trumps a queen. Hence why Philip was only Prince.

Should add, the reason she is consort and not just Queen is because this is our past Queen’s wish. She actually released a statement about it. Both Charles and Camilla are divorced and out of respect to Diana.

But when William becomes King, Kate will be simply Queen.

3 Likes

What exactly is a “tosser”? Is it someone who tosses salads?

A wanker

1 Like