Premier League Hall of Shame

Just about anyone with a reputation that goes to West Ham.

3 Likes

Glad you caveated that a little bit considering some of ours who ended up there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any rich club that furlough’s non-playing staff, and goes cap in hand to the government for money.

8 Likes

Without doubt tip of this pile I give you Ladies and gentlemen MR. PAUL POGBA.

3 Likes

I can’t get behind that. Since the start of the 2017 season he’s played 79 games and scored 19 goals and got 21 assists. That’s 40 goal contributions in 79 games for a central midfield player who spent one of those seasons playing way deeper than he normally did and playing alongside midfield partners like Fellaini and Matic with the likes of Lingard ahead of him.

2 Likes

Over a third of those goals were penalties, for additional context.

1 Like

Well he’s already managed to get 40% of the number of assist Paul Scholes had in his entire PL career in far less games :man_shrugging:t2:

He’s unfairly singled out and I’ll always stick up for him when the narrative against him goes too far in the wrong direction.

As much as he has needed to have done better at times the United team are a shambles with sub par players all over the pitch it’s hardly a surprise he’s failed to show the full extent of his ability.

Sometimes he literally looks head and shoulders above anyone in the United team in terms of his intelligence. The runners aren’t there, the movement is static and it’s just a shit environment to be playing in.

2 Likes

I never think of Scholes as being a particularly impressive player statistically, so I’m not surprised if Pogba compares well on that front. I’d imagine his stats probably compare well to Xavi, Iniesta or Vieira too, but I’m not sure what I’d take from that.

I hear you though, I understand that you’re often motivated by overly harsh criticism. I mean, we all have different criteria and ways of judging what is a subjective thread topic, but I wouldn’t be naming him in a PL Hall of Shame or anything like that.

People definitely single him out, but I think your praise for him sometimes goes too far the other way (not necessarily this thread but other times too). I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle maybe :man_shrugging:

I think of him as being supremely talented and maybe that’s why I am critical of him, because despite some decent/good/very good stats (delete as appropriate), I feel like he should be standing out more than he does. He’s good enough to be one of the undisputed best players in the league but imo there’s never been a season where I’ve thought that that’s what he’s looked like.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right about this. I think I’m guilty of taking my praise too far the other side and I often believe this because I’ve seen his talent at Juventus and for France so I don’t think his United spell is even close to being an accurate reflection of his ability.

He definitely doesn’t cover himself in glory though.

1 Like

This is completely agree with, it’s probably why I am critical of him.

The easiest of bites for @Stroller there

3 Likes

Granit Xhaka

8 Likes

Love that you have popped back two years later just to drop Xhaka in the shit for no real reason :joy:

Stick around more often mate, even if only to slag off Xhaka, we’re big fans of that round here.

8 Likes

it’s all he’s been thinking about for the last 2 years, just has gradually built up until he couldn’t keep it in anymore

4 Likes

Andre Santos :facepalm:

2 Likes

Hey gays

2 Likes