Premier League 2023/24

Fixtures for the new season coming this Thursday, then only a few weeks until players start returning for pre-season training.

Always like a September NLD.

Preferably at the Emirates

Man City away on day 1 after we play them in the Charity Shield the week before.

3 Likes

Gets it out the way super early. I don’t hate it tbh :joy:

2 Likes
Preferred opening day opponent
  • Villa
  • Bournemouth
  • Brentford
  • Brighton
  • Burnley
  • Chelsea
  • Palace
  • Everton
  • Fulham
  • Liverpool
  • Luton
  • City
  • United
  • Newcastle
  • Forest
  • Spurs
  • West Ham
  • Wolves

0 voters

Slow morning at work :grinning:

9 Likes

You forgot Sheffield United.

What would be the odds on Arsenal playing the opening game away for the third season running? Has that ever happened?

We are nailed on to have the away fixture that will be selected for the Friday night TV slot. Then we’ll probably have Man City early on, along with Liverpool or Spurs in our opening five games.

But it’s completely random, honest :sweat_smile:

Oops. I mean, I don’t want a promoted team on the first day. That’s got banana skin written all over it.

I want City, at home first game. Best time to play them really.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MoArsenal86/status/1668585978154426368?t=t3yt3sG5A8rPGpOskbOEAw&s=19

We probably get a newly promoted team first.

Dnt want man city first we only played them the week before the league starts.

players hardly get any time of tbh after finishing a season, it’s either some stupid international friendly, a qualifying game or a major tournament, and then they pretty much go straight into pre season training again

Poor bastards, it’s almost like having a real job!

I would say being a pro athlete is tougher then a real 9-5 job

Depends what the 9 to 5 is. Probably tougher than being behind the counter at a clothes store but not sure its tougher than some of the physical jobs other normal folk do.

I desperately want us to pay Man City as early as possible. We owe these motherfuckers a brutal battering. Let’s see how they deal with our squad at full strength.

2 Likes

I agree, play them at the start of the season, when we’re at our strongest.
Man City often don’t start that strongly because they don’t have to.
They rely on every other club having injuries and fatigued players towards the end of the season so they can use their massive squad of world class players to gain an advantage.

1 Like

Yeah worked out well last time we played City in the league in August. We lost 5-0.