Premier League 2022/23

Yes but he thinks Arteta will get manager of the year. :exploding_head:

Carra absolutely ruined him on his predictions hah

1 Like

Thatā€™s astonishing lol. We are 11 points clear with a game in hand on United. We have the potential to go 14 points clear of them.

In order for United to finish above us weā€™d need to fumble points in either 5 games (via losing) or around 6 games (3 losses and 3 draws) and thatā€™s on the basis that United are completely flawless in their next 19 games.

They will drop points over their next 18 games which will make their challenge even more difficult.

5 Likes

Nike has been consistently churning out 0/5 efforts for Spurs. Itā€™s hard because they play in a plain white top with dark blue accents which is very safe. It means Nike had to invent a third color for them and have seemingly settled on this awful volt yellow/green.

1 Like

Gary Neville shit takes handshake emoji etc

3 Likes

Heā€™s such a terrible pundit lol.

Carragher is light years ahead thought it for years

1 Like

Remember when he was being gassed up for being a great pundit? He just wasnā€™t a slowly decaying dinosaur which made him stand out.

His whole ā€œI canā€™t understand what Arsenal are doingā€ shtick last summer was so painful.

2 Likes

I wonder if he realizes heā€™s genuinely looking like a clown and his coworkers are actually laughing at him, not with him.
He should leave the troll predictions to the likes of Oā€™Hara, Agbonlahor, etc.
The guy genuinely puts Arsenal 3rd, gives Arteta manager of the year, tries to deflect saying even Carra predicted itā€™ll be tough for Arsenal after Newcastle last year.
Like, what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

3 Likes

Kane the only difference today?

I can only believe he is on the windup.

Just have to prove him wrong

5 Likes

Heā€™s definitely on the wind up, driving more opinions and talk about his utter bollocks takes.

He knows thereā€™s no way, even if he believed it before Sunday, that united will finish above us now. Itā€™d be a monumental collapse from us and then how the hell would Arteta deserve moty over ten Haag?

Itā€™s just a wind up but it works.

Neville is a stubborn fuck sticking with his United finishing above Arsenal after United just took 1/6 vs Palace and Arsenal.

Important win for Spurs at Fulham, keeps them close enough to United and Newcastle.

Neville sucks but tbh what he said about Arteta and MOTY isnā€™t really that terrible. Arteta could finish 2nd and still be MOTY, he doesnā€™t have to win the title to have been the best manager.

1 Like

I think if United somehow finish above us though he wonā€™t be manager of the year.

They ainā€™t getting more than 80 points, which would mean we take less than 30 from our last 19 games.

1 Like

Me neither, itā€™d probably be ETH, which is basically same deal as Arteta; not having to win the PL to be MOTY

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong either, G Nev sucks, but this isnā€™t the big gotcha moment people are pretending it is lol

1 Like

It just doesnā€™t make sense, he predicts us third behind utd but Arteta moty.

Unless heā€™s hedging his bets because all his others will be wrong. Heā€™s a WUM.

The prevalent logic from Neville and some other pundits this season had been if team a is playing well they have to get worse and if team b is playing poorly they will get better.

Itā€™s completely born out from the idea that arsenals true level is what they have gotten used to over the past few years.

Thereā€™s really zero analysis from them at all. Itā€™s all based on a hunch or just a feeling they have which is never backed up by anything.

4 Likes

All it takes is simple mathematics.
Last season when Neville was hyping United to finish in the top 4, the points on board suggested that United had to go on a near-perfect run to get there which they have not done in nearly a decade.

Right now, for United to finish above Arsenal, they have to overcome the 11 points gap (plus a game in hand). So you are looking at a minimum of 4 games, where Arsenal will lose points. Then Arsenal has to lose some more points to offset the points dropped by United in the next 18 games. Letā€™s say they go on an insane run and only lose two games. So Arsenal has to lose 6 matches.
Then Arsenal has to lose some more for United to be ahead of us, letā€™s say one more loss.

Gary Neville is expecting Arsenal to lose 7 matches out of the remaining 19 while expecting United to win 16 out of the remaining 18, with Arsenal at 86 points and United at 87.

There are other possible combinations for sure, but it is just an insane prediction to make.

8 Likes

I almost did basically this post last night except I had united finishing with no more than 75 points so it looked even more insane. like you say, doesnā€™t take much actual analysis to blow up this take as, letā€™s be charitable, very unlikely.

1 Like

It is. If we finish third behind Man United then that means weā€™d have lost a lot of matches in the second half of season (see Trionā€™s maths above).

And thereā€™s no way a manager in charge of that kind of collapse is winning manager of the year.

Sure, if we finish second behind City, thatā€™s still decent and can see him getting MOTY. But that is not what Neville suggested. No idea why youā€™re being charitable to him because what he has suggested is an insane take to be honest.

11 Likes