Premier League 2022/23

Typical football journalism ignorance and promoting avoidance of City and corruption of English football.
The press here has never addressed the wrong doing of them and never will because the Prem product is too big.

8 Likes

Martin Samuel is one of those blokes who talks about football like he’s some kind of academic. Such a pretentious bellend. Used to ruin Sunday Supplement when he was on. So anti-Arsenal too, the cunt.

8 Likes

Yep it’s precisely why I find all this UK based media criticism of Qatar World Cup hilarious.

We have two state owned PL clubs backed by two countries with horrendous records on human rights and equality. And we had a Chelsea owned by a man who’s accrual of wealth can be traced back to many shady dealings. Everton and Arsenal both were home to an Uzbeki billionaire linked to some seriously shady shit too.

People eat this product up every single week and follow it religiously. We normalised the owning of major clubs by characters from Middle East and Russia then everyone acted outraged when the World Cup was handed to those very nations.

8 Likes

He was a bastard in the entire summer of 2003. Writing us off at his every chance in his sunday section of the News of the World. Fat Walrus got shown up when we came back and won the league unbeaten.

One of these who wears his west ham supporter tag like a fuckin badge of honour. “I support West Ham. I’m salt of the earth. I must be a proper fan”. Fuck off with that.

3 Likes

Just wait, he’ll be running interference for Newcastle soon as well.

City got completely done on a simple long ball. One turn from Salah and it’s the cleanest 1v1 opportunity you’ll ever see.

We’ve been superb on the counter this season too. No clue how we’ll set up when we eventually play City, but you’ll always get joy on the turnover because they play a quite extraordinary high line.

1 Like

City vs Arsenal is gonna be like 4-3 haha

I’d rather face them with Haaland than without tbh.
I think Liverpool proved with a good gameplan and good coaching you can nullify them.
Without him they threaten all over the pitch.

That’s a very good point. Easier said than done, obviously, but when Haaland is playing you know he’s the focal point. Stop him and you give yourself a big chance.

Saying that, he still had chances in this game, one that he chipped right to Becker and 2 headed chances. He would have scored the header if he’d aimed back across goal.

But without Haaland, their movement is a lot more unpredictable and any player ahead of Rodri can get into the box and score a goal.

The bottom line is that you have to take your chances. Spurs can beat this lot with a bog standard setup. Be ruthless and you’ve got a shout.

2 Likes

Mate, by the law of averages, we’ve gotta stop the losing rot against them anyway. 10 straight league defeats? Fucking pathetic.

The way the league is panning out, 2 draws against Man City would be wonderful

2 Likes

Mon Brighton

Forest are the Darwin Nunez of the Premier League. Able to raise their game for a few cup ties last season, but utter dog shit when having to play at a decent level week in, week out.

Stats are looking rough for Forest. 0 shots in the game, 32% possession and only 105 completed passes (against Brighton’s 271).

You’re playing Brighton lads, not Barca 10/11

1 Like

Presenter on prime said Forest have less points at this stage than Derby did in 07/08 :joy:

Waste of a spot

Forests problem is they signed wayyyyy too many players. Sign about 10 players okay that’s not too bad. They’ve basically an entire football club though. They can’t gel together

the Forest last season that beat us in the cup, where are they?

I like to see Forest in the top flight, as do a number of neutrals.

Proper big club feels about them.

In the reserves.

Brighton’s attack is more toothless than a gurning competition.

1 Like

Forest draw!