Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

You’re setting parameters of the conversation I was never part of. Simply put all I was saying is that people acting like Lacazette is some link up play god, show a couple of tidy passes that just about any player could make and then act as though he’s some perfect playmake of a striker.

You’ve basically churned out a small essay trying to redefine the role of the striker to suit Lacazette’s weaknesses, that is to say he doesn’t score enough goals. Can Laca link up better than Auba, yeh a little bit, can Auba score more than Lacazette. Yes he can, by quite some distance. The point is they are both one dimensional and as you clearly stated we don’t have some of the best wide players in world football at this club.

Ask any manager in world football if he would prefer his striker to create assists or score goals, he’ll say he expects both but I’m damn sure he’d want that guy putting the ball in the back of the net first and foremost.

4 Likes

I’m sure he’d say that about centre backs as well so that doesn’t mean anything does it.

Your manager however, wants certain things from a striker, I don’t define that, he does so judge them on that if you want us to do well? Because that’s what we’re trying to do as of now.

You want to have all the hold up twerking with the 20+ goals then that’s great, so do I man. It’s pretty rare though.

In other successful clubs pulling this type of ball off the central dude scores 10 and the wide guys score 20 so we put a £45m guy central who scores 10 but the £60m wide dude and the £70m wide dude don’t score 20 there. Then if goal scoring is all you are concerned with then maybe the central guy isn’t the whole problem.

I’m saying if £60m and £70m can’t get games over two u21 players then we’re making some tactical choices there that play an important part.

I mean I want CBs who score 20 a season, idno what the problem is.

2 Likes

I keep getting blasted by the fanbase on Youtube for pointing out exactly this. I maintain my opinion. He’s not that great at link up play, he drops back and clogs the MF, and he doesn’t score goals. I get the whole “intangibles” argument, I just don’t see it… he’s not that good at those things either.

I will give him that he encourages his teammates and appears to mentor the young ones… but that’s not worth taking up a starting spot IMO.

3 Likes

That a pretty strawman argument right there man, equating a CB scoring 20 goals to a striker is hardly a relevant conversation to even have.

Listen my dude we aren’t going to see eye to eye on this at all, I think a CF’s game is ever evolving as football is in general but saying that it’s an outdated myth that strikers need to score goals is just drinking from the twitter nerd ball cool-aide a little too much.

I could live to be 100 and I’ll think that the strikers job first and foremost in a team is getting the ball in the net, so there’s probably no point continuing this debate because we’re honestly just to far apart on the matter.

2 Likes

Yeh man, I agree completely, he’s got a good attitude and he seems to blend to younger kids together but it wasn’t that long we were talking about Auba helping out the youth. Truth is I just don’t see it either with Lacazette and never will, good at times yes, but far from great.

I love how Lacazette arguments happen in all threads but his lately.

Thought we got an update on Auba’ future.

2 Likes

I mean of course I’d want him to score more. But we’ve just seen Real and Liverpool win the league with a central forward scoring 5 and 9, so it is demonstrably both possible and probably a few years later the reason we’re trying to play the same way.

Either way, agree to disagree on some parts :+1:

3 Likes

Regardless of the actual numbers:

Auba PL goal contribution every 115 mins
Laca PL goal contribution every 117 mins

Not sure what people think is so superior about the Gabonese. More sweg?

Well yeh if you disregard the actual numbers it’s not a big difference but if you’re old fashioned like me and actually enjoy your striker scoring goals then Auba’s 92 goals in 163 games is obviously superior to Laca’s 70 goals in 188.

Like I say though that’s only if you care about the silly notion of your striker actually scoring.

5 Likes

Yeah good job he does score more cos he does fuck all else.

Box positioning and pace are Auba’s only world class traits.

You yourself mentioned sweg

1 Like

It’s absolutely laughable that fans are clinging on to dear life in supporting this fraud.
He’s washed up , a has been , a money sucking leech . Get over it , get behind the current 11 and let this fraud rot.
The Arsenal will be here forever, this fraud won’t be .
Scum

1 Like

I’ve never known someone to have such a disproportionate level of dislike for someone who gave us 2.5 seasons of high level attacking output.

6 Likes

Hey ……?
Are we talking about the same player here .

Yeah mate the guy that scored 30 goals in back to back seasons and something like 10 in his first 14 games for us.

You know the world class striker who gave us 2.5 years of high quality service

5 Likes

The same guy during the global pandemic who is raping £300k plus from the club turning up on the pitch with a stupid fucking hair cut , more pathetic tattoos and laughing at open goals he is missing.
Yeah , I’ll apologies, what a hero this player is!
My mistake

1 Like

Why does his choice of hairstyle and tattoos bother you lol?

1 Like

Does the fact he laughs at missing open goals bother you ? Lol

1 Like

It does bother me. Now tell me why his choice to hair and tattoos bothers you?

1 Like

Jesus. We get it, you don’t like him, you think he focuses too much on material stuff outside of the game but wtf man?

2 Likes