Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Because his appearance is more important than being the captain of Arsenal FC .

1 Like

The truth
Next question

A haircut takes about 30 minutes mate

Auba is one of the best goal scorers we have ever had and single-handedly won got us the fa cup . The point about Aubameyang is you might not like Auba. But withIn the last three seasons prior, he got 20+ goals in the league, goal boots and pretty much all goals in the FA cup triumph. He is finished here. But this is a poor comment.

1 Like

One of the best goal scorers ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

I struggle to disagree with this. I think, if heā€™s on that Alexis Sanchez like decline, we should be pimping Big Pierre out to the Barcodes. Theyā€™re the ones with money and they may pay almost as much as we paid when we signed him.

1 Like

People need to chill a little.

Covid FA Cup not much to shout about either

1 Like

Yes without a doubt. Excellent goal record playing in some of the most disjointed Arsenal teams in the last 30 years.

1 Like

Is it really wrong though?

As far as pure goal scorers go, only Henry, Wright and RVP were better in my eyes.

Anelka wasnā€™t here for long enough, Giroud loved 15 goals and Adebayor was a one season wonder.

Bergkamp goalscoring prime was gone by the time he arrived and he was more of a facilitator. Guys like Smith were good players but not close to Auba in terms of goalscoring prowess.

3 Likes

Yeah sure heā€™s an excellent scoring record in the league when he was great but at the end of the day how many memorable goals/moments does he have outside of the FA cup win? (An FA cup that doesnā€™t compare to others)

If the extent of his Arsenal legacy is a banging in a bunch of goals in irrelevant league campaigns against fodder Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s worth much when compared to others.

I agree the clubā€™s situation has been disjointed

1 Like

How? He was playing with the exact same players every week wasnā€™t he?

The team ainā€™t set up to play him in behind any more and he hasnā€™t even been taking any of his chances. Nothing in his game is coming off not even his shooting has any sting in it. His finishing has been way below what we used to see from him. United and Everton games were absolute shockers.

Above all we havenā€™t played any coherently good football so far this season when Auba started. Youngsters couldnā€™t get into the games anywhere near what they are atm.

Laca isnā€™t that good at anything but that just shows how shit this current Auba has become. Auba of 2 years ago could be running riot spearheading this team and was at least competent and threatening on the ball.

Was a great player and now could be a decent player in a different environment if he relishes it. Massive shame weā€™ll never see the old Auba in the red & white again.

Itā€™s not the truth. For starters the club offered him that deal. And on a larger point you can use plenty of other verbs if you think heā€™s not earning the money the club pays him.

@SRCJJ donā€™t waste your time. Thereā€™s subset of sports fans (in all sports) who equate tattoos, cars, haircuts with not caring about their profession. We see it with Auba, Lamar Jacksonā€™s hair, Kevin Durrantā€™s tattoos, John Wall dancing before a Wiz game, Fernando Tatis Jr.ā€™s hair, some people just think athletes should look and act a certain way and lose their minds when they donā€™t all behave like Mark Noble robots. Funnily enough, Beckham has plenty of tattoos and different haircuts, Messi has double sleeves iirc, itā€™s just not a big deal as long as youā€™re making sure that when you get the ink done you wonā€™t miss training or a game.

5 Likes

:joy::joy:

I make you right here. Below these three but if heā€™s here for longer, in his prime then itā€™s realistic to think he would challenge for a top three place.

2 Likes

Yeah wtf?

Can you honestly say he is ā€˜earningā€™ over 300k a week and putting something back into Arsenal?
No neither can I .

No but to say heā€™s raping 300k a week? You really need to start using your words better

2 Likes

That term just makes me shudder. Used far too loosely in football nowadays (I say nowadays, last decade or so)

2 Likes

So just say heā€™s not earning it or pulling an Ozil. Maybe your edgelord friends think itā€™s cool to use rape in that context but itā€™s not clever.

2 Likes

No, even Dave seems to be saying itā€™s wrong