Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I’d take Hale and Pace in our team at the minute

2 Likes

Pace would be a good starting point.

2 Likes

Yeah at this rate re-signing him was a complete waste of money when he’s out on the touch line smashing crosses into the first man.

I’d rather we spent the money on a left winger then.

4 Likes

If we signed a left winger he’d probably be playing at LB right now.

6 Likes

Man I’m disappointed we have a shite defensive hipster manager who can’t attack and gets hard by playing players outside of their positions and constantly shouting at them because they passed it incorrectly

1 Like

Auba has had one shot on target the last 4 matches, and that was the pen against United. For u xG nerds he’s on a pace for 3 goals this season if this keeps up and Arteta can’t figure out a way to get the ball to one of the best goal scorers in the world.

3 Likes

What kinda defensive manager concedes 3 at home to the Villa?

2 Likes

A shite one Dave :wink:

It’s a shame. Defensively, I didn’t think we were pulling up any trees with Arteta. It’s a little bit better than under Emery, but that’s cos braindead individual errors have been cut out (hats off to Arteta for that)

Other than that, I don’t think there’s a philosophy for defending. Yesterday was a prime example- it should have been more for Villa.

I’m just aghast at the moment. Aghast and disappointed. It’s depressing.

2 Likes

Pretty solid endorsement for xG that

2 Likes

I can’t get my head around how our style has led this bloke to go scoreless from open play in 7 consecutive league games. Astonishing.

7 Likes

Thing is, and I think this is an interesting point, James mentioned on Arsecast that if we were to play Auba at CF, he would likely convert a lot of the chances that Laca has violently besmirched, but how many will that be over the spread of say 10 games? Do we even create enough chances for it to be ‘enough’?

Playing him there is a start. I’m not sure it totally solves all of our problems though. We are just so bad getting the ball into that front three to begin with, let alone into a more central position. We might see some combination play from Saka, maybe Pepe if he gets a game. Would this enhance Willian’s game a bit more? Maybe. It doesn’t change that our route-one will be pass’it Tierney and lump t’Auba’s head, which he doesn’t score a lot of mind.

I didn’t mind Auba on LW not so long ago, I kind of understood the approach however now it’s really not working and we need to try a few things differently.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t fix all the problems no, but it certainly won’t make us any worse than we currently are as you said.

Auba on the left is a bit of a red herring I think. It’s our style of play when attacking is the main issue.

6 Likes

I hate how Big Pierre on the left has suddenly become a national issue, trending on Sky Sports and all that shit.

Arteta should have addressed this sooner. Play him where he plays best.

I’m not actually sure if Auba himself is insisting on playing there, weirdly, just so he can shoehorn in his mate, Lacazette. It would surely explain why Auba isn’t cutting as much of a frustrated figure as youd imagine for being played out of position

4 Likes

Not sure of the reason but yeah Im wanting him asking the question.

1 Like

:eyes:

#MaskOn :mask:

Seems like he’s a mile away from a golden boot challenge at the moment. It annoys the hell out of me that every time we give someone a really lucrative contract extension they seem to go off the boil.

4 Likes

Toni Karen

3 Likes