Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

xBullshit: 1.00

7 Likes

Oh shitā€¦I might have to start an alliance!

1 Like

1 in 4

Stat nerds are one of the reasons I couldnā€™t join Twitter (amongst a multitude of other reasons). They donā€™t watch players they just retweet stats with no context and then hype them up.

1 Like

People can dismiss expected goals all they like, but can someone please link me with Aubaā€™s goal scoring opportunities in our last 3 league games vs West Ham, Liverpool and Sheffield United ? Ta.

Off the top of my head I can only think of a half chance at Anfield last minute when he tried to lay it off for Eddie instead of shooting.

3 Likes

Stat nerds are also the reason Liverpool have won their 6th European cup and ended 30 years of hurt by winning their 19th league title, the first this generation.

I guess Arsenal, who accomplished such heights of an 8th placed finish and an EL round of 32 exit to Olympiakos are rightly above such nonsense.

1 Like

If you read my post I said Auba needs to be moved centrally and Iā€™ve been saying it for as long as heā€™s been playing on the left but I donā€™t care to discuss shit stats like expected goals and all of that drivel.

Liverpool won their title because their manager is a genius not because of the Twitter nerds who discuss stats with no context.

The people working behind the scenes at major sports clubs do as as part of a major operation which involves way more than just stats.

Stats are supplementary information. But these nerds on Twitter donā€™t know that, they donā€™t even watch 90% of the players they tweet about they just read stats and repost them.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not saying I believe Auba is done btw, more about our lack of creativity as a team and him being used out of position.

@shamrockgooner is referring to his last 2 seasons as I understood it where his goalscoring record is just fine.

1 Like

Klopp is a generational coach working in a perfect environment and with world class players right throughout the team. Stat nerds might help but they are a small part.

1 Like

His expected goal scoring is also fine in his previous 2 seasonsā€¦ go figure.

All seasons really. Point being actual goalscoring means something, expected goalscoring, not so much.

1 Like

Telling you now when Pep starts addressing Arsenal in his team talk tomorrow Auba goal threat will get discussed. Not sure about some xg shit.

They might look to the previous 3 games and see how Auba has been largely restricted to 40 yard bicycle attempts.

1 Like

Btw Iā€™m not even on twitter so I wasnā€™t aware of Aubaā€™s expected goal tally until it was posted in here, all I was doing was going off the eye test and itā€™s clear as say he has barely had any decent goalscoring chances through the first 4 games.

1 Like

There isnā€™t going to be any disagreement Auba needs to be central, but thatā€™s because of football logic and clearly seeing what his skills are. Not some stat (That is also trying to suggest heā€™s past his peakā€¦in a season that has just startedā€¦)

3 Likes

Well id reckon itā€™ll finish with something like donā€™t switch off for a minute with this guy.
Donā€™t think theyā€™ll stop marking if he uses up his xg.

1 Like

I just hope Partey into the side increases our creativity and Auba moves central soon enough.

I get the feeling tonight though we may be frustrated with the Xhaka/ Elneny pivot and Auba doing donkey work in his own half whilst city have 70 % of the ball.

1 Like

Exactly. We all knew that without xG.

3 Likes