Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Didn’t even know he was Gabonese.

1 Like

I don’t really know what you’re asking. They haven’t made it up. He has pulled out of the Gabon squad to recover from an injury he picked up against Sheffield United. It can’t be serious though given he has been training. Probably just a precautionary measure.

3 Likes

I think he means if Arsenal made up the injury to keep him off the international games.
I’ve seen some people speculate it on Twitter as Arsenal are pretty pissed about Tierney’s situation.

2 Likes

Oh right. They’ve probably exaggerated it. But the Gabon boss said he’d been sent some paperwork from Arsenal’s doctors confirming the injury. I very much doubt a doctor would lower his professional standards and lie. Plus, it’s an ankle sprain, and in that match Auba was on the end of a pretty bad tackle, so I’m inclined to believe he’s still feeling it somewhat.

4 Likes

We’re paying £300k a week for this apparently. We know the underlying numbers and the eye test are singing from the same hymn sheet here.

3 Likes

Arteta has created these voids all over the pitch, it’s his own doing. He doesnt have to play Auba there and there’s another massive void like this in the center of the pitch for us that he could fix. All u gotta do is drop the shitters and or play them in their natural potions :joy::joy:

I defended Auba playing wide when I thought that we didn’t have particularly good wide options, as it allowed us to accommodate Lacazette, which seemed worth doing with the aforementioned lack of wingers. This was made easier to defend because Aubameyang’s output was still fantastic, best in the league, there or there abouts.

But now we’ve got Pepe, Willian, Saka etc as more than viable options, I absolutely want to see Auba play centrally more. Him being nominally out wide should now only be a rarity, and definitely not the norm. In my eyes it was only ever acceptable when done to mask deficiencies in the squad, him playing from the left isn’t what we should be planning for with the wide options we have.

8 Likes

Exactly my stance. We didn’t have proper wingers back then but now that we have Pepe, Saka, Willian, Martinelli; we should get onto Auba as CF experiment

The out ball to Auba died after the Community Shield game. The opposition have worked out how to prevent any service or space for him in behind in that position. It stopped working and Arteta made a change. Hopefully he gives Auba at CF an extended run with Pepe/Saka/Willian wings.

1 Like

We have Partey to break the lines centrally to him now too :heart_eyes:

I expect to see some tweaks in the coming weeks now we’ve strengthened in some key areas.

1 Like

Only not past tense. Making him literally do miracles to score goals.

1 Like

Yep overnight gone to shit
Knew we should have sold him
We’ve got 3 years of this
Gazidis all over again
Ozil’s contract buddy
Gonna loan him to Borussia Mochengladbach

Fucking nerdball.

3 Likes

And what were his actual numbers? Fucking xbollocks

6 Likes

I guess we must have an amazing attack to finish 8th last season @BigWeng_4LYFE smh these guys man.

Just please do not blame Auba or any kind of ‘oh he signed a contract so he’s bad now’ takes. This is because we play him out of position.

1 Like

When I seen it was you posting I knew you were going say this :rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

I love your rivalry with xg

8 Likes

Award season just around the corner. :eyes:

2 Likes

Looks like it will be the only 2020 awards show post February that won’t be affected by the pandemic

Online Arsenal: Ahead of the game.

2 Likes

Don’t have time for this xG nonsense.

Scored plenty of goals, has become much more efficient with his chances than when he first arrived. Will definitely need to move centrally but all of these nerd stats don’t mean anything when the proof is in the pudding with the goals he actually scores.

7 Likes