Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Our other striker hasnt scored since the start of December against some europa league farm team, so we desperately need to keep him.

It just says that Barca suspect he will cost more than £50 million, not that they are offering only that.

£50,000,001 is still not enough

4 Likes

I assume today is the last day of his suspension?

They suspect correctly

3 Likes

What reasonable offer would you consider to sell in Jan?

£80m

The time for us to get fleeced has come and it has gone.

7 Likes

It’s got to be close to 100m.
Without his goals we might be in the relegation places.
It also means we lose our only player, apart from Leno, that is top four quality.

Imagine at the end of this season, going into the transfer window, and trying to persuade any decent player to come here.
What top players are we going to attract?

How are we going to sell the club to a potential transfer target?
We’re mid table, in the worst state we’ve ever been, playing the worst football we’ve ever seen, with a rookie manager but we have got a good GK.

What top quality player is going to choose us with those pathetic credentials.
Selling our best players is what got us into this mess.

I know our board are the experts at repeating the same mistakes, but please stop dragging us down.

1 Like

If Barca offered £80m I think selling would be the right move.

Realistically, he is very likely to leave this summer and probably for something around £50m given that he only has one year left on his contract. If he renews with us, it’ll be for Ozil-level wages and we run some serious risk of him declining and becoming an Ozil-level albatross. Even in the scenario in which he has an unusually long prime and stays top level for another couple seasons, he will be declining (and on big wages) right when our rebuilding plans are theoretically coming together. The more likely scenario is that he either forces an exit and we get far less than £80m or he tries to run down his contract and leave on a free in summer 2021.

In the big picture, we need to buy 4-5 new players and its unlikely that we’re going to have a net spend above maybe £50-60m next summer so we’re going to have to sell players. And the players everybody wants to sell (Xhaka, Mustafi, etc) aren’t going to fetch very much.

Selling our players at the wrong time has been the problem. We should have sold Özil in hindsight, should have sold Xhaka in hindsight, should have sold Alexis, should have sold Ramsey.

2 Likes

Exactly. Everybody talks about lessons to learn from Liverpool but one of the prime lessons is that you have to be willing to sell top players (Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling) to fund other purchases.

4 Likes

Agreed. Everybody’s replaceable unless it’s Messi or Ronaldo, wish clubs could realize that.

1 Like

That’s true.
That’s true but with Xhaka it’s not selling him, it was more we shouldn’t have bought him.
But it’s selling our best players and not replacing them that has been our problem.

We have got to a point where Aubameyang is by far our best player, after him I can’t think of anyone who is a definite starter for us, and certainly no players that are top quality.

Our next best player is probably Lacazette.
That is as bad as I’ve ever seen at this club.

1 Like

A goal scoring machine in his prime and still in great condition. Nothing short of 80m. Would be more of he had longer left on his contract.

Not to mention there is a lack of genuine goalacorers readily available. We should try our best to keep Auba.

6 Likes

SSN getting desperate to keep Transfer Deadline Day relevent :grimacing::rofl:

Yeah, but Barça isn’t offering £80m, they’re interested in Malen and Lautaro but can’t do those deals cause they don’t have the money. Auba would be them trying to pick him off us on the cheap. Probably offering like £20m in installments until 2026, which they won’t pay on time :rofl:

1 Like

Arsenal ain’t selling Auba this late, are they mad? :rofl::sweat_smile::joy:

For 80m I would sell him and let Martinelli bang in the goals.

1 Like

You lot are going to be mighty disappointed when Martinelli barely breaks 10 league goals (at a stretch) then next season lol

3 Likes

i think you are selling him massively short with that viewpoint he is new to the league and settling in to a new club and he has already done better than that when he hasnt even been starting that regularly.

1 Like