Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Sickening is a good word for it

Yup. Ideally we’d have brought in Aubameyang to play with the likes of Ozil and Sanchez when they were in their pomp.

Imagine if in 2015/16 times we lined up with

Cazorla - DM

Ramsey - Ozil - Sanchez

Aubameyang

I actually liked Ramsey at RW because I think he brought balance with his work rate

5 Likes

That would have been one of the best attacking line ups in the PL.

We would not only have had all those great players in the same team, it might also have meant they would want to stay here rather than go to elsewhere.

1 Like

Collectively them players would have raised one and others games. In short your building belief something I think they all lost at times here.

1 Like

Was Henry not a world class athlete? How’d he maintain his performance levels into his early 30s?

I think picking and choosing who you think is going to hold their performance into their early 30s is a fool’s game. Too many variables involved and the overwhelming trend is major decline. I hear arguments made both for players that rely more on craft like Özil and for players who are top athletes like Aubameyang. The truth is age hits everyone…some hold their performance a bit better than others, yeah, but people forget with people like Ronaldo that there was indeed a major drop off in performance in his early 30s, he’s just starting from a higher point than Auba or anyone else is.

Yeah I mean you know my thoughts on that haha. Last season was potentially Özil’s last season of real effectiveness and we decided, nahh, let’s just throw that 350k/wk down the drain and choose a manager which might as well be incompatible with him…and while we’re at it, he’s shit too.

2 Likes

This team can make those CL places if we keep playing like today.

“Auba - English press loves to talk. I’m staying 100%, for now”

Edit: better @shamrockgooner :arteta:

https://twitter.com/AFCPW/status/1212642084710240257?s=19

https://twitter.com/AFCPW/status/1212662199266762753?s=19

1 Like

This may be the worst source you’ve posted yet :grin:

6 Likes

Guy was putting in big Sprints for counters in the 85th minute, guy has supreme fitness.

Love it, love him.

Guy needs a rest though

2 Likes

True. Man was making runs like Usain Bolt after the 80th. Both Ozil and Auba showed some real engine yesterday that I didn’t know they had in them. Props to both.

1 Like

I’m afraid Real is going to make a (last minute) push to sign him and if they do he will do anything to go. Lots of 0-0’s there…

1 Like
2 Likes

He’s gonna sign d ting

Got Troopz to thank for this.

1 Like

Deserved red card. Could have broken Meyer’s ankle. No complaints.

But I suppose the big question is why is he back defending on the left wing? Should be playing CF given Laca’s poor scoring form, with Martinelli given the LW position.

5 Likes

Yeah but Laca doesn’t need to score because he does all these other incredible things that justifies playing him despite the fact his output is so poor.

:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

it’s been proven, he doesn’t even really do those things that often.

He is just good at pressing and winning the ball. Which he is slightly better than Auba at, according to the numbers. But only slightly.

this shoe-horning is killing our coherence and attacking play.

1 Like

First straight red of his career

Looked so gutted walking off. Felt like he was about to cry.

Do we lose him for the next 3 games - if so will be pissed