Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

No again try to understand how football works.

Just because Auba wasn’t the MOM but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the second best or third best player for a given match.

So you’re just vindicating that number of MOTM awarded is poor logic to use anyway regarding player of the season, thanks for clarifying :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Not at all.
I cannot enter your head and remind you how Lacazette was better than Auba last season but this is one of the metric wthat can give you the picture.

Laca gave more MOM performances and overall performance consistent through the season for him to be better performer last season than Auba.

Someone has to have a really agenda to discount that.
There is a reason he got more MOMs and player of the season last season.

Yes of course as ur a level headed poster with little to no agenda. It was more the Laca defenders who had the agenda to uphold that were taking that stance.

2 Likes

The point isn’t really whether he (Laca) was our best player or not. He wasn’t. But he wasn’t trash like he is this year and was definitely a decent player in an awful season of dysfunction. Auba is without question our most impactful player this year (and last). Leno is distant second for me.

1 Like

proud to say I only voted for him twice.

16 Likes

All that whilst playing in a toilet of a team.

There’s nothing like having a world class striker.

2 Likes

I’m seriously starting to run out of ways to describe how much I love this guy without it seeming like I’ve got a problem.

2 Likes

He’s by a good way the best player we’ve got and one of the best forwards in the World. I love watching his movement when I watch us live.

If we lose him in the Summer his goals will be very hard to replace next season.

Better hope Saka, Martinelli and Pepe all turn into superstars by then and can fill the hole by then.

CL football will go a long way to keeping him I’d say.

I think if we qualified for CL he’d stay for sure, we haven’t managed to win the EL the last 2 seasons though, so I think it’s a stretch to say we’ll do it this campaign.

1 Like

Nah. Semis two seasons ago, then runners up, now winners. Progress!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a bit judgemental to say it like thing but looking at his social media stuff I feel like Aubameyang puts a lot of value in the material side of life. Offer him that shit load of money and he stays I reckon.

Don’t think he has much of a market with clubs “above” Arsenal. I thought Barca maybe but the Braithwaite signing kinda killed that

Chelsea can offer him a shit ton off money an they need a forward

1 Like

That’s a sideways move at best. We can match any Chelsea wage offer

CL football for Chelsea isn’t guaranteed and I’d say continuing to work with Arteta, whose showing promise, is a more attractive proposition than Lampard tbh

When you see the productivity of CR7, Benzema, Vardy, Dzeko, Aguero, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Suarez and the late career resurgence of Falcao you’ll start to realise clubs will still pay good money for a 30 year old knowing they can squeeze at least 2-3 good seasons out of him and possible a little more.

Aubameyang is an elite athlete, with extreme professionalism and no serious international football calendar to weigh him down.

I’d rather enjoy another 2-3 years of having him at Arsenal and if we did sell him I’d want the club to get more than the fee they paid.

4 Likes

Aubameyang is the sort of player that will attract other top players to play alongside him.

Selling him would mean we don’t have a single word class player at the club and that isn’t going to attract anyone.

Give him what ever he wants.
Just like L’Oréal he’s worth it.

1 Like

I assume Ziyech is not the last big transfer Chelsea is going to make for the summer after their transfer ban. Both clubs right now have the same starting point, but it wouldn’t surprise me if after the summer Chelsea’s perspective will be different (some would say better?) than ours for the 20/21 season.

3 Likes