Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

CL football will go a long way to keeping him I’d say.

I think if we qualified for CL he’d stay for sure, we haven’t managed to win the EL the last 2 seasons though, so I think it’s a stretch to say we’ll do it this campaign.

1 Like

Nah. Semis two seasons ago, then runners up, now winners. Progress!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a bit judgemental to say it like thing but looking at his social media stuff I feel like Aubameyang puts a lot of value in the material side of life. Offer him that shit load of money and he stays I reckon.

Don’t think he has much of a market with clubs “above” Arsenal. I thought Barca maybe but the Braithwaite signing kinda killed that

Chelsea can offer him a shit ton off money an they need a forward

1 Like

That’s a sideways move at best. We can match any Chelsea wage offer

CL football for Chelsea isn’t guaranteed and I’d say continuing to work with Arteta, whose showing promise, is a more attractive proposition than Lampard tbh

When you see the productivity of CR7, Benzema, Vardy, Dzeko, Aguero, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Suarez and the late career resurgence of Falcao you’ll start to realise clubs will still pay good money for a 30 year old knowing they can squeeze at least 2-3 good seasons out of him and possible a little more.

Aubameyang is an elite athlete, with extreme professionalism and no serious international football calendar to weigh him down.

I’d rather enjoy another 2-3 years of having him at Arsenal and if we did sell him I’d want the club to get more than the fee they paid.

4 Likes

Aubameyang is the sort of player that will attract other top players to play alongside him.

Selling him would mean we don’t have a single word class player at the club and that isn’t going to attract anyone.

Give him what ever he wants.
Just like L’Oréal he’s worth it.

1 Like

I assume Ziyech is not the last big transfer Chelsea is going to make for the summer after their transfer ban. Both clubs right now have the same starting point, but it wouldn’t surprise me if after the summer Chelsea’s perspective will be different (some would say better?) than ours for the 20/21 season.

3 Likes

They’ll have a new manager as well.

I think there’s a logical fallacy that relates to people assuming that because something has happened in the past, that makes it more likely to happen again. Having said that, surely if you looked at the somewhat recent past you’d put your money on Chelsea turning things around and becoming a serious challenger or winner long before you’d back us. If the money is similar, and the route to a first team spot is close to equal at each club, I’d expect most players to be choosing Chelsea over us.

3 Likes

That’s great from Neville :slightly_smiling_face:, he deserves all these plaudits.

Auba has seen it too and was happy:

Auba such a cool guy, practically zero ego for that level of ability, our young players should be looking at our captain’s attitude and learning from it.

2 Likes

The only thing standing in the way of him not being a Premier League great is the fact that he hasn’t been here for very long. Otherwise it’s pretty indisputable.

1 Like

If Abramovich is serious about getting Chelsea back to seriously challenging for the PL title, he has invest heavily.
They lost Hazard, who was Chelsea’a best player as well as one of the best players in the PL, and then they had a transfer ban.

They have already got Ziyech so they need a top level striker, ideally who is proven in the PL, and who they might be able to tempt away from their club, so Aubameyang fits the bill.

Any other prospective players they might be interested in are going to jump at the chance to play alongside two top quality players like that and that’s the reason we have to do everything we can to make him want to stay here.

If we do sell Aubameyang not only will we be selling our only top level player but I can guarantee we will replace him with someone who isn’t nearly as good, because we never do.

2 Likes

Statue of him in mid-flip ASAP

2 Likes

With the rod supporting the statue coming straight out of his bunghole

Can’t think of anywhere better. You know, stability wise.

1 Like