Philippe Coutinho

Coutinho on his right foot from 25 yards will be a welcome sight. He scores Fifa goals.

And Cuntlade-chamberlain gets injured trying to tackle him in the process

This is the ideal line up and it means we would have sorted out most of our attacking weaknesses in one transfer window.

We’ll have two top level experienced attacking players to supply Aubameyang or Lacazette, and two CM players that can be the new Vieira and Petit.

It’s so obvious that I’m surprised we have waited so long to sort it out. :grinning:

1 Like

Well we’re not getting Coutinho or Partey so Xhaka and Willock will have to do, and that’s where the plan begins to falter and ends with us outside the top 4 I’m afraid :grimacing:

2 Likes

Chelsea have a lot of question mark next season imo. Is Werner going to adjust immediately? How is Ziyech going to perform as winger in another League? Is Kepa going to get his shit together? etc…

But they probably will hit the ground running.

Some players are just nore suited for certain leagues too, very possible Coutinho is just a PL type player. In case u missed it in the other thread here’s his AM radar. Pretty impressive numbers tbh, ngl.

Is it better than James’?

1 Like

Yeah do one for James

2 Likes

I dunno I’ll have make one for James. From this tho it looks like Coutinho is much more of a wide attacking player who scores more goals than he creates so not sure if he’d actually solve our problems of serving up our attackers. Kinda like Pepe on the left maybe?

Edit: only saying this cuz that’s an elite level of successful dribbles he’s making per 90 minutes.

2 Likes

I think his passing would improve us in general but I do agree he would probably drift left more often than not, though if that freed Auba from that role than I’d be happy enough.

1 Like

yeah not a bad passing% either for being a creative player, the more adventurous passers and top playmakers like KDB and Buendia have around a 75 - 78% completion percentage because they are constantly trying to put guys in on goal, pretty decent amount of throughballs and key passes for his percentage. Warming up to him the more I look at the stats but that’s not gonna always cover for the defensive frailties.

1 Like

I SAID DO ONE FOR JAMES

5 Likes

James 2018-2019

Coutinho 2019-2020

1 Like

The statsbomb model here shows kinda what I figured. Lots of touches in the box and crosses in the box so he’s definitely advancing the ball into that area more and causing havoc closer to goal than sending other players through. Think the comment that it’s gonna cause a big reaction is that those are very elite numbers but ppl really don’t like him as a player :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Btw here’s James as a straight comparison to Coutinho. They are playing very different roles. James is definitely ur creative midfielder, really good key pass numbers and that defensive contribution is off the chart. I see why ppl say he could be converted into an 8 or DLP. Only scary thing about him is injuries, only played 400 minutes this year in the league.

If it was a choice I think James would solve more of our issues if he stayed healthy. Gotta think about who Coutinho had serving him up on Bayern, Alcantra is like an insane level of creativity from that DLP spot, puts Xhaka to shame not even in the same league.

2 Likes

Honestly I think we need the passing, dribbles and goals more. But cool to see, thanks.

Also comparing assists Coutinho showing he not only scores but creates more.

1 Like

James will out score and provide more assists than Coutinho on form playing further forward.

He’s the superior player. Coutinho does very few things better than James does.

1 Like

A4tt’s radars have spoken.

1 Like

You may be correct…However Coutinho has done it in the Premier League, James hasn’t…

Fuck both of them.
Aouar/Buendia >>

2 Likes