Pets

2 Likes

Here’s a nice one.

So yesterday morning my missus was icing her car in the driveway when she heard something in our recycling box so she called me over and this tiny thing was all pretty much shrivelled up freezing to death. Don’t want to sound dramatic but we reckon she was on the brink of it.

Anyways for the past 24 hours we’ve brought her in and she has taken to our home pretty damn quick (I’m sure being well fed and being in a warm home with human company is more tempting than a snowwy box outside haha).

She’s not in great shape. She must be barely 2kg which is fuck all for a cat (unsure of age at this point too though) and half her hair is missing. We’ll take her to the vets today and get her properly chipped and vaccinated etc and fuck it, she’s mine now.

I was hoping to get a dog this year but perhaps this was more meant to be.

And here we are right now being best buds as I post this message:

20 Likes

Cuuuuute, clearly meant to be!!!

Very sweet story and good of you.

2 Likes

Love it :heart:

1 Like

Nice one mate! Good deed and it’s a cutie it seems!

1 Like

She’s not microchipped but we’re gonna make a conscious effort for a week or so to make sure someone hasn’t lost her before we take her officially as ours because she has some extremely domesticated and tame habits about her.

She loves her new life here already, here she is helping me out at work in the office room.

9 Likes

Bolt watching the replay with me.

6 Likes

Working from home like

11 Likes

Wireless mouse, listless cat :henry2:

Someone was bound to make a bad pun.

1 Like

Never trust a cat who is laying still. That’s when they do their plotting to kill you.

Oh and I think you need to give your keyboard a bit of a clean :smile:

3 Likes

The cat isn’t planning anything. But if you touch its keyboard your getting rightfully bit

Milo has just secured his spot next to the laptop, waiting for our match to kick off… He doesn’t tell time very well yet…

In his defense, I’ve just realised he was ready for a 3pm kick off…Not as daft as he looks…

15 Likes

Having just seen the team sheet, Milo has decided to go to the front room…

10 Likes

My mum had Sasha put down this weekend. She was older than the average Lab. But still. This is why I will never want a pet. The end is too hard

Edit: if anyone is wondering what dog I am talking about, apparently my boobs were on display. A great memory for Sasha I am sure.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Phoebica.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, yeah it’s a big downside to owning a pet.

1 Like

Mumzys cat

11 Likes

That’s sad news. Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss

Couldn’t you say the same about any relationships? I suppose pets don’t generally live as long as humans

1 Like

Ahh I’m sorry, that’s gut wrenching. It really is so awful and sad. Hope your mum is ok!

1 Like