Peter Hill-Wood

RIP :cry:

An integral part of our Highbury history ends here then. RIP.

3 Likes

Sad news. My only memory of him when I was growing up was on Football Manager. RIP Peter Arsenal legend

Whatever about his latter years as Chairman and the disconnect that appeared between him and fans he and his family were true custodians of The Arsenal for decades.

RIP.

5 Likes

Hope he was comfortable as he went. RIP

RIP Peter, thanks for your service towards arsenal!

RIP. No matter your opinion, he gave a lot to the club.

1 Like

RIP

84 years as club custodians across 3 generations, it really was the end of an era in 2013, not just for Arsenal but more broadly, symbolically for English football.

I think selling to the Kroenke franchise machine has proven and will continue to be a grave mistake that will hold us back years if not decades now, but during those 84 years they enabled the success on which our modern club is founded so you can’t argue their legacy

4 Likes

The Hill-Wood name has been Arsenal for as long as I can remember and were the reason for us being the biggest club long before these other upstarts like ManUre, Liverpool, City, Chavs, and the like came along. They were all floundering around in the Second Division, while we were always cruising in the top flight.

Rest in peace, and thank you for The Arsenal.

3 Likes

is it terrible that i forgot he died? I read that and thought oh yeah after looking at the picture thinking what is he upto these days…not much apparently :santi:

1 Like

They forgot Bruce Rioch :roll_eyes:

1 Like

RIP

Had a bit of sympathy for Rioch tbh.

Mate, he finished 6th and steadied the ship. Signed Bergkamp and beat Newcastle (twice) and Man United at home. Only lost at home twice in the League.

As a stepping stone manager (putting all that Wrighty stuff to one side), Rioch did very well.

1 Like

Bruce Rioch is still alive

Held out as the last chairman in the League against shirt sponsorship.
Chose JVC in the end as it was the least intrusive.
Wasn’t widely liked though like most who ran clubs back in the day.

3 Likes

Dave was just expressing his sentiments in a sinister and creepy way. You must be used to it by now.

You must be confused, Arsenal aren’t playing today. Run away and commit to your fruitless vaccine crusade.

1 Like