PES 2021

I added the numbers on the front due to lack of sponsors.

Also thats the red away kit but i use it as a home.
The blue 3rd kit used as away.
And the home white kit used as 3rd - the numbers on the back colour clash.

1 Like

Finished season 2022/2023. Need a stronger core so spend some money on bigger players.

Saul 87
Lautaro Martinez 85
Hakimi 83

All coming in, hopefully will score me some more points. Could definitely use a top striker who bangs in the goals instead of my inconsistent Sarabria.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if iā€™m just shit at defending or not, but iā€™ve tried playing with Arsenal, Fiorentina and Ajax, and all their defenders seem to be clueless, especially Arsenalā€™s, have you guys played with teams with some decent defensive setup ?

What formation are you playing?

442 diamond, one DM, two CMā€™s and one AMF, my build up is vertical, donā€™t rely on fullbacks much when attackingā€¦ Iā€™ve never put much thinking into advanced settings tbh.

Advanced tactics count for a lot. I turned them off and couldnā€™t open up defences to save my life.

Now I got them on and my team is so much smarter.

I got tiki taka and wing rotation and wing back selected.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using: Attacking full-backs (Not during the full 90 mins, it drains the FBā€™s), Gegenpress (love it) and sometimes Tight marking depending on the opponentā€™s striker.

2 Likes

Ffs Iā€™m gonna have to buy this game soon arenā€™t I. Canā€™t stop reading and enjoying all your posts on here. Iā€™m just totally addicted to forza horizon 4 right now.

I have to say though, the refs in the game and jostling system does my nut in at times.

I win the ball, then my player just stops moving. Wtf.

I put in a hard tackle but get the ball and the ref calls a foul.

The AI does the same, if not worse and nothing happens

1 Like

Will the game more time and check advanced tactics :+1:

Agree on the refs too, bastards do my head in every game.

2 Likes

I play 433 which is just suicide for dedending tbh as the wingers hardly track back (unless the player has track back trait).
I deliberately play the highest line possible because otherwise the gap between defence and mid is huge.

I actually dont ever use any of the defensive advanced tactics except sometimes ā€˜ā€˜counter targetā€™ā€™ which means the select player never tracks back and saves stamina.

The attacking ones I use are False Winger and TikiTaka (which i turn off if im pushing for a goal).

When attacking my team pretty much looks like how Arsenal used to attack under Wenger between 2010-2015 (leaving two CBā€™s to fend for themselves lol)

----------LWā€”STā€”RW--------
LB----------AMF-----------RB
---------CMF----CMF--------
------------CB----CB------

ā€˜ā€˜False Wingerā€™ā€™ tucks in the wingers to join the ST and then the full backs push up to occupy the width.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve trying to develop a Bielsa-style formation.

----SS-----ST-----SSā€”
----------AMF----------
LM-------------------RM
-----------DM------------
----CB----CB----CB-----

Possession
Short Pass
Wide
Maintain
Support Range: 10

Frontline Pressure
Aggressive
Wide
Defensive Line: 5(10 if you want to be a purist)
Compactness: 5

Hug The Sideline
Attacking Fullback
Wingbacks
Gegenpress

3 Likes

:point_up:

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy how much difference team spirit makes.

I started master league and I was shite. Misplaced passes and not match fit at all.

Now I got 80 team chemistry which is still not ideal, but now I can dominate teams.

I ended up getting 90 on 2018, so I know when that happens Iā€™ll be in the fucking money.

The only flaw with this game rn is the fouls. Itā€™s driving me crazy. Ok Iā€™m also getting the defenders not moving for a second thing as well.

That combined with me still getting used to the jostling with these new animations.

Apart from that, itā€™s addicting as fuck.

Pepe is killing it for me, Pepe Auba/Laca Nelson/Martinello front 3 balling out.

Signed Saliba too.

The AI are designed to win freekicks in a clever/shitty manner. I dont charge into them anymore. Wait till they show a bit of the ball then strike.

One thing i find annoying though is your CBā€™s losing aeriel duals a lot of the timeā€¦

1 Like

Since @BigWeng_4LYFE liked that this thread is active and the fifa one dead Iā€™m posting this here from the Juve-Bologna game

7 Likes

Lol thatā€™s awesome.

This game is way better than any FIFA lol gameplay just feels so much more like a real game, less shitty FIFA ping pong football.

4 Likes

3-5-2 New formation for the 2023/24 season.

Counter attack
Short pass
Build up Centre
Maintain formation
S.Range 5/10

Frontline pressure
Wide containment
Agressive pressure
Defensive line 10/10
Compactness 7/10

Advanced:
Hug Touchline
Anchoring (will always have the less mobile striker selected for this one)

Tested it in the pre-season and Spanish Super cup games. Working well. Feels like thereā€™s always an option to pass too.

Stamina isnt draining on the wide players as much as I though (although if you select Wing Back on advanced then they will drain).

Your CMs need to be good because they are pretty much the only shield for your CBs.

You can be exposed on the wings on the counter, but if your CB comes across, as long as you have a competent CM they will cover the CBs gap.
Love it so far would recommend.

1 Like

Going to try this one too as I have a lot of young CBā€™s that need games. Will let you know how I get along.

1 Like