Pablo Marí

He worked as the intermediary in the Iwobi to Everton deal.

EDIT: Kia is Omari Hutchinson’s agent…interesting

I don’t really understand why Arteta signed him just to out cast him leaving another loss.

Arteta is increasingly reminding me of a spoilt brat who has a sulk or a tantrum when he doesn’t have everything his own way.

If he performs this season all is forgiven but I’m under whelmed 2.5 years in albeit excited about the potential in this young squad.

1 Like

Huh?

He’s had more than enough chances. He’s shite lol

5 Likes

Arteta’s management of Mari will be one of the last things I would analyze if a job review happened.

1 Like

Don’t forget that we signed Mari at a time when European football looked unlikely and when there was huge uncertainty over the size of our transfer budget. We didn’t spend a fortune on this guy and provided backup while he was here. Arteta and Edu are improving the squad now, and it is the right time to move stop gaps like Mari on. Right move IMO.

He was an Arteta signing and not so cheap that he needed offloading with such little game time.

Artetas just a modern day cheque book manager who spends a lot for small improvement in results if any at all

Then he dresses it up in some cultural revolution bs.

The demolition in value of the squad he inherited has been earth shattering and he still can’t get us above 5th.

With the squad he’s been given now he’s really no more excuses

Must perform now

3 Likes

Where are you getting this from?

He constantly played in games for us.

Yup we probably have the 3rd or at worst 4th best squad in the league. Saliba is a monster, Zinchenko is a massive addition, Gabriel is one the most technically sound forwards in the world. Partey is about as world class a midfielder as they come. Squad is stacked now tbh we should be getting at least mid 70 in points and achieving a large goal difference. After hundreds of millions spent thats probably the least that should be happening but the expectations are low thanks to Assteta being so shit in the first place :joy::joy::woozy_face::woozy_face:

Wondered when you would be back with your BS…Arteta is the reason fans can believe again in Arsenal…can’t wait to see you proved wrong!

never will be he will just move the goalposts…he could win the EPL and CL in one season and he will say ‘if he was any good he wouldnt have needed to gut a squad and spend a fortune he is just a crappy chequebook manager’

1 Like

Arteta wanted a left footed CB and the scouts brought him Mari. He gave him a go and everyone and their dog could see he was absolute wank. It was a low risk move that didn’t work out. Really odd stick to beat Arteta with :joy:

6 Likes

The only question I have is whether the loan was really a loan or some shenanigans with Raul to get the agent paid twice.

Again, I’m not Arteta’s biggest fan, but the fact that he realised quickly that Mari wasn’t up to par and stopped playing him before he caused damage is a plus.

He could have easily tried to play Mari into form seeing as it is ‘his guy’.

This is why so many Arsenal forums have constant battles these days tbh, we’re back to the manager doing everything and being the almighty god of the club in the eyes of some, so everything is his fault. We’ve literally returned to the final wenger days and everyone has a side.

Mari was signed, lad was actually decent for a while and we had a good spell where we didn’t concede when he played but last season he started wank and was dropped. He’s looked shaky ever since and clearly not reliable enough, so we’re trying to move him on.

A rookie manager, a semi-rookie sporting director and a non-footballing board all trying to figure out how to make this shit work. At least if they learn from their mistakes I can’t complain.

2 Likes

No. There’s plenty of other sticks to beat Arteta with because he’s made genuine errors which have been brought up on here, and rightfully so. But Mari just isn’t one of them. It’s not that deep.

2 Likes

Such a weird thing to post lol

Yes there are plenty of genuine sticks to beat him with (he’s a rookie manager so expected) but, some not just on here, want to beat him for everything and that was my point.

Mikel doesn’t run the club by himself so regardless of him wanting Mari or not it’s odd to blame him for it all.

3 Likes

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post mate. Absolutely agree

1 Like

Scored for Monza against Spezia.

2 Likes

Glad he’s found his level. Very handsome man.