Our next 8 games

I think since their promotion they’ve beaten us as many times as we’ve beaten them.

I’m not sure if it’s hyperbole to say the defending from our centre backs against Chelsea was the best I’ve seen from us in a decade. The reading of the game and intecepting or tackling before it became a problem was pretty unreal.

In the George Graham days teams thought once we scored they couldn’t win and once they scored twice they’d lost. If we could recapture that we’d be beating teams psychologically.

Now knowing our luck one of them goes down injured or becomes past it in the next year.

They beat us in our worst moment last season, tbf.

It was good defending, but for me the biggest change had to do with the organized and coordinated pressing and defending from the front. We basically took two of their most offensive players out of the game for vast majority of the time b/c we closed down passing channels and were on top of them when they received the ball.

Same with Costa - even when we didn’t get the ball and ended up fouling him, we neutralized things before they got started.

We really need that kind of tactical set up and team commitment and organization throughout the full campaign.

1 Like

THERE ARE NO EASY GAMES… as the cliché goes.

Still think we have to win all those games though.

So we won 7 games out of 8 and we scored 21 goals, with just 5 conceded in the end. Not bad!

3 Likes

Sensational really, haha.

ARSENAL!!! :arsenal2:

1 Like

Our next 8 games are hugely pivotal as to how our season takes shape IMO.

1 Like

November and February are Arsenal’s self-implosion months, if we get say 5 or more wins from the next 8 then we’re doing extremely well

1 Like

Exactly. Time to make a further step forward for once.

I think we are usually fucked because of our lack of depth when the rough fixtures pile up. This is the first time in a long time as a team we can legitimately go two deep at almost every position.

I can’t see many problems against Bournemouth and P.S.G. The real test are the next two games.

1 Like

I agree.
I would settle for four points.
As long as we don’t lose to either, that would be ok for me, but winning both would be great for us, and would bring the confidence of both spurs and Man U down even further.

2 Likes

Yep, win tomorrow and draw against Manure. But we should really beat them at Old Trafford, as they are going through a big crisis.

Drawing both Spurs and United is not a good result.

i want wins we need to make a statement of intent

1 Like

Look at this! :worried: A day’s break between games. Scenes. Surely Wenger will rotate the teams?!

1 Like

Pfft. Modern players are such pussies.

:wink:

EDIT:

Almost 60 years and not one name change in that list.

What about our next 8 games, Luca old chap?

How do you mean?