Other Clubs' Transfers

It’ll be interesting if they manage to get him.
He was our #1 target and it looks like the lack of European football was the blocker.

I think he may have been expecting Man Utd to make a move for him but they’re clearly focused on Varane. Madrid should be all over him if they sell Varane.

I obv don’t watch many of their games, but I thought he was their best young-ish CB?

Alderweireld is 32 now and I don’t rate Dier as a CB

Also, they’re paying 30m plus Sanchez, Sanchez cost them £42m so they’re effectively paying the same amount we paid for Pepe at £72m, and that’s without the English tax we’re paying for White.

2 Likes
21 Likes

I thought most clubs checked with the players agent before bidding. Maybe Spurs and Sevilla thought they’d guilt the player into moving. Would be a decent fee and player for Sevilla if Sanchez is still a decent prospect

1 Like

This makes me think the club are going to wait on an AM and go back for Ødegaard at the end of the window.

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

I wonder if Odegaard still feels he can show his worth in Madrid, and i hope the club isn’t waiting for him to decide.

1 Like

Ødegaard can’t be one of the high earners at Madrid. Surely he’s one of the young, relatively low cost players they have on the books, and therefore one they will prioritise keeping.

Sounds like horse shit to me.

7 Likes

I remember when they signed him at 17 there was talk of 70 grand a week so presumably he’s had a pay rise since. Not that that disputes your point about him not being a high earner in Madrid terms.

It might be easier to convince an Arsenal to pay 80k for Odey than to convince someone to pay half of Isco’s 220k too. I guess you take what you can get in this scenario.

Sirigu is being released by Torino for free with the intention to join Genoa. Would be an ideal back up keeper and a sensible signing for us. He’s reliable, experienced and would not turn down the opportunity to come to Arsenal - something I am certain of.

1 Like

I know this won’t happen. But how would this even work seeing as Juventus don’t fully own him yet?

I assume Juventus just accelerate the purchase process by a year and pay the remaining money and that would be it.

Great deal for Barca if it goes through

1 Like

That’s a grotesque amount of money but just imagine for a second if Stan would offer a grotesque amount of money for an actual world class player.

Instead we’re doing Ben White for a grotesque amount of money.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m skeptical of this happening but if it does its got shady deal written all over it. Why would Atleti want to bail out one of their biggest rivals from Griezmann’s crippling contract instead of just selling Saul for 50m (or whatever) and using that money to get a younger premium player?

4 Likes

I think he’ll be a big success, much better value than White at 13.5m…

3 Likes