Other Clubs' Transfers

If be cheeky and be taking sterling and Jesus on top of that 100m.

Iā€™d take Laporte here if heā€™s for sale instead of 50mill on Ben white. Would also swap lacazette for Jesus if we can shift Laca.

3 Likes

I would take Sterling, Laporte and the money, then spend that money a striker and another position

1 Like

No matter the amount of money they do wind up getting Iā€™m secure in the knowledge Levy will find a way to fuck it up.

4 Likes

I remember when they pissed away away their Ā£100m Bale money on dross like Lamela etc. lol

The only player that actually paid off was Eriksen for Ā£10m

3 Likes

Sterling and Laporte would actually have to want to go to Spurs, a club thatā€™s clearly beneath them. Thatā€™s not even Arsenal bias, just a stone cold fact.

8 Likes

Itā€™s actually insane how daft Tottenham are for not biting the hand off City.

What exactly does Tottenham want? They clearly donā€™t want to be successful, they sacked one of the most successful managers of all time days before their League Cup final. They also didnā€™t want to give Conte what he wanted.

These player + cash deals so rarely transpire. Particularly when they involve very good players going in both directions.

No way Sterling, Jesus or Laporte step down to join Spurs as makeweights in a deal for Kane.

If Kane goes to City then thatā€™s good night for the PL next season. Heā€™ll score 30+ league goals in that team. Fuck.

1 Like

Christ I forgot how much money they paid for Soldado and Lamela. Well run club my arse.

2 Likes

Yea, canā€™t see them wanting to take the step down :grin: any cash + player deal seems unlikely to me

It seemed like good deals I was jealous of at the time. Soldado was a consistant 20+ goalscorer from La Liga and Lamela was pulling up trees in Serie A. Capoue weā€™d been linked to and seemed to have good defensive stats for a DM.

Will never forget this from Paulinho

6 Likes

I like how theyā€™re not angry and are just laughing

2 Likes

Lamela was a good move he looked like a top player but heā€™s never ever had a consistent run due to injury problems. Think at some points heā€™s been injured for nearly entire seasons during his time at Spurs.

Had potential but it never clicked for him. What they paid for him was fair after the season heā€™d had at Roma

4 Likes

Definitely, I remember being pissed when Tottenham got him. It didnā€™t work out great but it happens, the talent was there.
When he was/is fit and on it he was/is a stellar player.

Did he look like a top player or did he have a wonder season and failed to back it up?

I remember some Spurs fans thinking theyā€™d landed the Argentinian Ronaldo lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure Levy is posturing to some degree but if he really holds out for Ā£150m or anything close then Kane should be absolutely livid. Nobody is going to pay that much for a 28-year-old striker with a bad injury history. To demand that much is effectively to say that Kane canā€™t leave and is forced to share their misery.

This is the problem spurs have.
Unless they get a top level manager, players like Sterling arenā€™t going to go there.
We might not be that attractive either but at least Sterling has worked with Arteta at Man City and seems to rate him.

Where do we see him?

United will probably be all over that if true.

2 Likes