Other Clubs' Transfers

Put Xhaka or Neves in that spot, they fuck it up and we concede a counter attack.
Saul will drive the ball forward and create something.

Perks of having all-arounders in your midfield.

4 Likes

Outrageous goal.

2 Likes
1 Like

Inter about to sort their books out with one player. Conte must be kicking his feet right now.

1 Like

Lorenzo Pellegrini being linked with Liverpool.Any Italian followers got an opinion on this. @SRCJJ @Gio @GC-Maniac

Pellegrini is very good and effective at what he does and would be the archetypal Klopp midfielder. Heā€™s got good ball winning qualities, heā€™s very comfortable on the ball and has a good engine. Would be a good move as I donā€™t imagine Roma will command too heavy a transfer fee for him.

4 Likes

Very good player, not sure Roma would sell for cheap though. Judging from the Mourinho appointment and the targets theyā€™re linked with I believe they want to be more ambitious. Maybe Pellegrini will be a player that brings them in funds to reinvest?

Anyway, personally I would be very cautious after the Torreira fiasco and other similar cases of players playing predominantly in Serie A not adjusting well in England and the PL.
I guess the Salah and Alisson gambles(even though they did play elsewhere too) could be a good indicator for them.

Lucas played amazingly when we first signed him, because of the slow dickhead Xhaka lucas was told to play further ahead and it didnā€™t use his strengths.

Lucasā€™s weakness for me in this league is lack of acceleration to compensate for how short he is. Pellegrini is tall fairly strong and mobile. Definitely less of a risk than lucas for me. But I still feel lucas can do well in this league.

1 Like

25 million was the reported bid.

1 Like

I think Torreiraā€™s issues arenā€™t about his qualities as a player. He just never got accustomed to England. He was talking about going back to Italy ahead of the January window when we got him. Likely that he didnā€™t have many friends either. Looked to be close to Emi but that was it.

@Stroller 25m sounds like a better deal for Liverpool than Roma. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Chelsea going for Haaland and Hakimi. And they want Rice too. :upside_down_face:

Yeah, we simply canā€™t compete with thatā€¦

What about Reece-James?

What about him? Will be a midtable player soon once the shine wears off.
Weā€™re a midtable team too so I worry he might end up here.

I donā€™t rate him as well as some but Iā€™d be happy to have him here for a decent fee. Upgrade on Bellerin and only going to improve

If this is true sounds like heā€™s going to stick with the back three so James could play RCB, could also play WB on occasion as well.

Reece James is a very good player. If we had a 21 year old right back performing like that in the CL final Iā€™d be buzzing.

Love him to end up here.

5 Likes

Was poor in the FA Cup final. Donā€™t think his performance in the CL final was anything special. Sterling had another stinker, which has been the case recently.

Where Tuchel put him as a centre back and azpili as a right wing back which was a poor decision?

Wasnā€™t that the first time this season he was deployed as a CB?

1 Like

Yep, he did play RCB. That role does allow the CB to push on btw. Azpilicueta has been doing that there. Similar to what Tierney did with us at LCB.
Unfortunately, heā€™s not that good defensively and heā€™s not anything special offensively.

Hakimi makes sense.