Other Clubs' Transfers

Yeah and pretty cheap for €30m to be honest. In fact looking at how City got Ake and Ferran Torres, United got van de Beek and talk about Sancho and the likes, now Liverpool got Thiago Alcantara, Everton got James, Docouré and Allan, Chelsea got Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell and etc and Spurs talk about Gareth Bale and Reguilón, we’re behind on paper, we got a defender and a couple of lesser known defenders and a lava lover.

We need one of Partey or Aouar. Or both of them with Ceballos in a 4-3-3 like the good old days :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Our good days were with the 442 system. Everything went downhill when Arsene switched to 443

1 Like

We played some great football from 2009-2016 with 4-3-3, we just always had average or subpar defenders unfortunately.

3 Likes

I’m not too worried, I think we’ll do more business. I also feel a lot more comfortable with our squad at the moment and think things aren’t far off becoming more balanced. One, maybe two more signings are we’re set to a have a real competitive season.

Ceballios, Willian and Auba might not grab too many headlines but it does a lot for the balance and quality of our squad.

I agree. We did play some amazing football but unfortunately, we weren’t able to win the league.

What’s your expectations this season?

Avoiding relegation

5 Likes

Everything went downhill when our owners decided we should pretend to compete with a bunch of oil teams and Man United while breaking even for almost a decade because we bought a stadium :xhaka:

Football was good back with the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as well ofc :smiley: as with 4-3-3 though, remember the Cesc-Rosicky-Flamini midfield back when was it… 2008? :sob: over time our squad deteriorated though.

5 Likes

You’ve missed Hleb out mate, it was generally a four man midfield if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Every new season my expectations for a club like Arsenal are a run at the title, but realistically top 4 and progression in the cups would be fantastic. Another season without CL though is a failure in my book.

I know it sounds naive but the way I look at it is that the top 4 places are consolation for falling behind in a tight title race, I don’t think you can build a squad to set out to finish in the top 4 anymore. The margins are just too fine and you could find yourself finishing much further down the table. The title always has to be the objective for clubs like us United, Chelsea and Liverpool regardless of past season form.

8 Likes

They good.

lol yes I keep remembering the three of them in a midfield for some reason, but you’re right, it wasn’t really until the next season we started playing more like 4-3-3. With Song instead I guess as Hleb and Flamini left iirc

1 Like

I don’t trust Fabrizio after he hyped up the Depay transfer to Barca which seems to have fallen through. :rofl:

Thiago is a game changer for Liverpool. Freshens them up and gives them a huge boost in quality. Very jealous.

9 Likes

Huge signing. Good for them, making the obvious smart decision.

Here’s to baldy getting another pasting this season.

1 Like

25M for Brewster.

Bet none of our reserves would get near that ffs

1 Like

£25m?? Honestly ffs

That’s the Thiago fee almost

3 Likes

Yep to Sheffield United it looks :joy::joy:

1 Like

Holy shit his penalty miss in the Community Shield wasn’t that good.

1 Like

Unknown player from pool goes for 25 mil, how the fuck did they pull that off.

1 Like