Purchases
Gomes (27)
Martinelli (6)
Bailly (20)
Neres (34)
Fraser (15)
Vida (13)
Total Purchases (115m)

Total 0m, and less wages with Cech/Mkhitaryan/Ozil out. If additional budget then Meunier for £26m

Potential next season team:
Leno
Bellerin/AMN Sokratis Bailly Vida Kolasinac
Gomes Torreira
Neres Lacazette/Aubameyang Fraser

Thoughts?
I appreciate this is more FM than real world, but all of the actual values seem about right to me…

6 Likes

Welcome along! Like the user name :slight_smile:

No way we get Fraser for 15m and I hope to fuck we don’t sign Bailly but if we do I can’t see it being for 20m. Vida too. Deffo don’t want him.

3 Likes

Haha thanks :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
In terms of the values I’m just going off the values being thrown about in the media, and they didn’t seem too outrageous to me given;
Fraser’s only got one year left on his contract and he’s been rejecting new offers;
Bailly was bought for £30m and surely his stock has fallen since given his lack of appearances?

I personally think Bailly is underrated, he has had some bad games but I’ve also seen him have great ones and he actually has some pace which we could probably do with. I reckon if he got a good run in the team he could become a lot more consistent, and he is still young particularly for a central defender. If we could get him for £20m I think he’d be a bargain.

Vida is just the cheap option, not saying he’s the best but we need somebody half decent there, although I would love for Holding to really stake a claim…

2 Likes

I like you already. Welcome along pal :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Where the hell is Vida coming from? lol

:clap: great username :joy:

1 Like

That’s a fairly comprehensive list.
I think I would keep Ozil and possibly Mkhitayran but the others can go.
It’s interesting that you think we will get twice as much for Mustafi as we would Ozil, but even considering Ozil’s wages, he must be worth more than 10m and, unless there is a club that’s never seen Mustafi play for us, I can’t see us getting as much as 20m for him.

I like a few of the players you listed as transfer targets.
Gomes and Fraser would be decent, if not elite, and Bailly would be good as well, he’s got PL experience, but would Man U sell him to us?

If we do see Ozil leave I would like to see a top European quality player coming in to replace him.

But If we see only a net spend of the reported 45m, I think we are going to struggle next season to get a top four place and there is going to be a backlash.
It might also mean the few remaining decent players we have will be off.
We need to make a statement of intent and spend big, because our rivals certainly will, and we’re going to get left behind.

1 Like

As I said he’s the cheap option rather than a preferred target, but I’ve seen a number of articles saying Wolves, Tottenham and Arsenal are interested…

This is the type of thing that actually needs to happen to rebuild the team but more realistically we’ll have 2 or 3 out and 2 or 3 in.

2 Likes

Oh right, sounds like ITK fodder, he’d add very little to our back line.

Yeah, it was talk going around all summer after the WC

Nowhere, hopefully.

1 Like

Yeah I found it quite difficult to quantify the value we’d get for Mustafi, he’s had an awful spell with us but he is still young/in his prime for his position and has done well previously, I don’t think a PL team would give us a lot for him but maybe we’d have more success selling abroad?
The problem with Ozil is his wages, the lack of teams who could even meet his wage demands means there’s less competition which drives down the price, and we may even have to subsidise some of his wages if he goes which means even if we did get £20m for him we might be spending £5/10m of that on wages. Really depends on who’s interested…

Mkhitaryan is tough - I was fully on board with signing him but he’s just done nothing since signing. Maybe another season to see if he can adapt?

That’s why I think Emery will keep Mustafi.
As bad as he’s been, he might be worth keeping as cover and hope his form get’s better.

I would also keep Ozil, because to replace him and Ramsey, as well as getting a CB and winger, is too much for a club with a limited budget.

I really thought Mkhitayran would be good for us but he seems far too inconsistent to be a first team starter.

Ideally, a couple of elite players, like a CB and winger, and keep Ozil and Mustafi but sell the rest would be a step in the right direction.

Like @BigWeng_4LYFE said, although we need it to happen, we aren’t going to see so many players leaving and coming in.
It didn’t work for Fulham. :grinning:

:gabriel:

1 Like

To be fair, Mustafi, as cover, isn’t the worst CB we have had.
Emery has stuck with him this season, and has even played him as a FB, so he must see something in him.
When he didn’t play against Wolves we still managed to look just as bad in defence.
That’s why I think he’ll keep him.

Believe me, if we sold him and bought two world class CB’s that would be ideal, but I don’t even think we’ll buy one world class CB, so we have to make do with what we have.

as a car cover or something?

Who do you think is worse?

1 Like

Stepanovs

He’s played RB because Bellerin was injured

He’s played so many games at CB due to Koscielny and Holding getting injured just as the other was coming back.

The cunt is goneeeee :raised_hands: