Other Clubs' Transfers

You do realise that the number of goals he scored more than doubled and he hadn’t hit the 20 goal mark in his career before last season and had not done anything to show he can match Messi and Ronaldo numbers. Players do have breakout seasons, but not at 25…at least not the players in the every top bracket.
He had a Mahrez like season where everything he was trying was coming off and it’ll be difficult to replicate it again. If he does that, I’ll happily eat humble pie.

Suarez didn’t have his world class break out until he was 27, Diego Costa was 25. Mid 20s should be a players peak

Interesting to see who Real get. Hazard and…? Hopefully Kane or Salah

1 Like

Yeah they need alot of goals. Maybe Morata?

They have next to nothing on the books to be even thinking of a top 4 challenge.

1 Like

Costa was one of the odd late bloomers and the only other prolific scorer in the recent history that I can remember is Drogba. Suarez had scored 22, 28 and 49 goals in 3 seasons before joining Liverpool when he was 25.
Salah has consistently been in the 10-15 goals a season bracket throughout his career and never seems like threatening to do much more than that. Last season was an anomaly and he’ll be back to his 15 odd goals again.

:giroud3: Gianluca on a mad one loool, just told Benzemas agent to his face he’s been sacked :arteta:

Him and Ornstein truly do ished the ITKs this window, been bang on with everything so far.

2 Likes

That 49 was in a nothing league though. In the PL he went from 11, to 23, to 31 PL goals at the age of 27.

IMO Salah will continue his form to some degree. We’ll have to wait and see. Either way the fact we’re comparing a wingers goalscoring to top strikers is telling.

1 Like

Real need 2 wingers/strikes, now. Let’s hope it’s gonna be Hazard and Kane.

1 Like

Chelsea :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

He really wanted to join Juventus and I feel like they’ve missed the trick here. Would have been the ideal replacement for Pjanic.

3 Likes

FIIIIIGHT!!

3 Likes

Lol I have trouble believing it but he’s good. I can get on board with that.

6 Likes

Signing 2 keepers? Would surely mean that Cech and Ospina are both being binned.

1 Like

Thanks god, I’d say.

Sommer, Leno and Cech seems a bit too much

1 Like

I can only imagine there being something to these Sommer rumours if there’s something to the Cech to Chelsea rumours. Can totally understand why he might want to go back if they’re interested and I’d imagine he could make that move with no ill feeling.

I’d say both rumours are probably bullshit though.

1 Like

But we could surely attract better then Sommer though. If money wasn’t a issue.

He’d be the #2, no need to go big on the #2.

Rather we kept one off Cech or ospina an use macey as 3rd choice save the cash for a lb or winger