Other Clubs' Transfers

They’re really going the smart route again. They pulled off Gakpo for a relatively low fee. Mac Allister is apparently not gonna cost a lot either. They dropped out of Ugarte and are letting PSG and Chelsea fight it out.

I’m interested to see how all this shapes out in September.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CFCPys/status/1663663127781597187

Well, that’s overly ambitious. Will be lucky to get a third of that.

£75m for Mount…are you serious?

Bet they will somehow get 30m+ for this guy

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1663807019839569920

40m?!

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1663842983379189763?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

1 Like

He’s a top keeper, I can’t really blame them.

2 Likes

They’ve gone mad. Doubt the demand for Ray’s will be anywhere near high enough for them to ask for that with a year to go.

Seems cheap. Thought he would go for more than that.

1 Like

What do you expect them to tell clubs though?

He’s a top three important player for them and they’ve had a blinder of a season.

I’d imagine he’s only leaving for a top six club

2 Likes

Indeed, the seller can ask for whatever they like. I’d be shocked if they got anything more than 20m though. I mean how much would Pickford go for even with English tax? 30m?

Raya is better but that’s not my point. How much did Nick Pope go for?

There aren’t many keepers in World Football who could command a 40m fee especially not one from Brentford with a year left.

He’s not going for £20m, we got £35m for Ox on an expiring deal.

GK’s aren’t easy to find especially PL tested with his skillset, I think they comfortably get at least circa £30m

4 Likes

Time will tell I suppose.

Ox is an attacker, English and went to a top club.

Where does Raya go? Spurs?

Chelsea need a keeper as well and De Gea isn’t a sure thing to stay at United either

1 Like

United, Spurs and Chelsea should all be looking at Raya.

He’d be an excellent purchase for all of them, which is annoying.

United need to move on from De Gea but they won’t (because they’re fucking idiots - long may it continue).

So really it’s between Spurs and Chelsea. Chelsea potentially have a very high ceiling as a squad with Poch as manager and the talent they have. Easy decision for Raya if I were him.

3 Likes

Kepa and Mendy won’t be easy to shift you’d imagine. Can Chelsea really get in another keeper at this level without one of them moving on?

Mendy would be fairly easy because he’s most likely on peanuts, Kepa won’t be because he’s on like 170k a week or something but he can just be 2nd choice.

1 Like

Few different figures out there but some suggesting Mendy is on 100k a week.

1 Like

There is no way they make a profit on Mendy after he has failed to keep his place from Kepa. Its not like he has some great track record to fall back on. The guy had two decent seasons in Ligue 1, came to Chelsea and did OK for a while before the flaws in his game became apparent, and now can’t beat out another GK who is like a punchline for bad GK transfers.

Mendy was great for them for a while, I’d be trying to keep him if I was them tbh. Needs his confidence back and some less shit defenders in front of him. Having Chalobah in front isn’t gonna help even Oliver Kahn.

Did laugh when all their rumours were about meslier though, basically Kepa jr. Shame they seem to be on Onana now.

1 Like