Other Clubs' Transfers

That’d be wonderful :ramsdale:

They love a short term fix. Umtiti extended his deal to 2026 to presumably spread out the pain from his salary.

Gazidis special :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s actually not his / Maldini fault. They offered Donnarumma massive wages that would still have made him the highest paid goalkeeper in the world but he kept saying no.

They offered Kessie huge wages too but can’t do anything if the player doesn’t want to stay

1 Like

It’s their fault for letting the contract get to where it is though and not protecting their best assets. Gazidis and Wenger lost a 100m worth of talent for free in the same way

The landscape of football is changing and players are much more likely to run contracts down now. In the history of football we’ve never seen a free agent market like we’re seeing this coming summer.

The example of Kessie and Donnarumma was simple in that the players were offered massive deals and the players chose to leave on a free knowing it would secure massive wages. Nobody made a sizeable offer for either player the summer or two prior to their departure so the club held onto the players in the hope that the clubs improving fortune on the pitch would convince them to stay

Not on Gazidis and Maldiji

I respect your valid points but will continue to blame Gazidis to suit my agenda.

4 Likes

Arsene knew. I remember people (in the press, not here) clowning him when he predicted players would start running their deals down. It’s crazy it hasn’t happened like this before. Free agency is such a huge part of the NFL and NBA that you’d think leagues with no salary caps would be all over it!

3 Likes

I’d go one step further and say that Arsene was a real trendsetter, letting all his biggest players run down their deals even before it became a thing after Covid.

4 Likes

Should be ready to play v Man Utd this weekend. Gonna be a nice match for neutrals.

So, all those people who claim to watch Ligue 1? How good is this guy? Someone we should chase rather than Arthur?

I don’t think you’ll find too many people who watch Lens. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ligue 1 is YouTube highlights. Come on now everyone knows this and Twitter for so called context.

1 Like

First time I’ve heard of Fofana was when Twitter was fucking losing it over him a couple of months ago when Lens were playing PSG and managed to get a draw.

You would think they were actually watching the game to talk about him, or perhaps they just saw his rating on Sofascore and decided to jump on the bandwagon? :eyes:

West Ham being linked with Gabriel Barbosa. We should be going for that cunt

1 Like

But it was all but done, lol.

1 Like

Probably wants to see out 12 more months with the :goat: and realises he’s young enough to wait a year or two before making the move.

2 Likes

Is it possible he’s leveraging Madrid for more money?

1 Like

I wonder how many teams have credibly approached his camp for precontract :thinking:

It’s very possible given that he is without a doubt the most valuable free agent ever to come onto the market.

1 Like