Other Clubs' Transfers

So what is actually happening with the transfer window?

Is it only going to be open for a month in between the 2 seasons?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if there were three clubs seriously in for him tops.

Seriously? He looks like a potential heir apparent for the Ballon Dor. If most of Real, PSG, Barce City, Liverpool, United, Bayern and Chelsea arenā€™t all in for him Iā€™d be surprised.

Itā€™s not about his quality but rather the financial outlook of most clubs even the big ones plus itā€™s more likely he wants to come back home.

United, perhaps City and maybe another team but I think the pool will be a small one.

FIFA/UEFA who ever runs it says it will close no later than 5 October

1 Like

Great deal for Bayern.

3 Likes

Seemingly yeah, I do wonder how the ACL has affected him but even if heā€™s lost some explosivness heā€™s going a good league to mask it

6 Likes

Bayern are building a very good team, assuming he stays fit he is an absolute class addition

8 Likes

Filthy

10 Likes

They also spent something like Ā£80m on Hernandez though and Ā£40m on Sanches

4 Likes

Ā£31mil on Pavard too who doesnā€™t impress me and will essentially fill in at RB because heā€™s a sub par CB

3 Likes

That is damn insaneā€¦ that is the kind of business we need to be doingā€¦

Theyā€™ve had some stinkers and theyā€™re going to come into some difficulties replacing Lewy too.

Tolisso flopped, they sold Kronos for peanuts to Real Madrid, Rafinha is gonna leave on the cheap.

Nice assembling of talent but letā€™s not pretend they havenā€™t been a shower of piss at times too.

3 Likes

Fair regarding their bad deals, but we have to see how they netā€¦ and every team will have a few stinkersā€¦ some can absorb it better than othersā€¦ right now we have mostly stinkers and we are not well-positioned to absorb themā€¦

1 Like

He got bought off the back of that goal in the 2018 WC lol

1 Like

Same goes for Chelsea too who are often lauded but bought Bakayako, Drinkwater, Emerson, Zapacosta etc

When you have deep pockets itā€™s easy to absorb the hits, because of our situation we need to be signing gem after gem which is just impossible lol

Long road back

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a good point too. Chelsea have absolutely pissed away money themselves on some absolute shitters too. Letā€™s not even forget Batshuayi who they spent a bucket load on at a reasonably young age and barely gave him many chances. They also made Kepa the most expensive keeper ever and heā€™s been trash too.

2 Likes

Damn how could I leave those two out hahaha.

Leno is a masterstroke in comparison, I do give them credit on getting money back for their players at times. How they managed to fleece Atletico for Morata for Ā£58mil and use that money to buy Werner and be in credit is beyond me.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t Drinkwater a pretty dear sum too?

In excess of Ā£30m I believe

2 Likes