Oppenheimer

Better than Dark Knight?

1 Like

Big call there. Not even the best Nolan Batman film, imo

1 Like

I think the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man or the first Avengers film are up there in contention

1 Like

Interstellar is my favorite movie of all time, and itā€™s not even my favorite Nolan movieā€¦ and that in itself is so Nolan!

1 Like

Keatonā€™s Batman, bro

That was my least favourite of the trilogy as it goes. Not sure why but I preferred Begins and DK Rises over DK

No love for Logan?

Banging film. Feel like itā€™s slept on a little bit but itā€™s probably my favourite.

Guardians 1, Winter Soldier and Deapool in the top 5. Going back even further Wesley Snipesā€™ Blade had my jaw on the floor the first time I watched it. Thatā€™s more of a sentimental choice though.

3 Likes

Oppenheimer is my favorite Christopher Nolan movie, and I havenā€™t even seen it yetā€¦ and that in itself is so Nolan!

1 Like

The 2nd Raimi spiderman is the better film.

Zach Justice league film should be up on the list for best superhero films.

Is it worth seeing oppenhaimer in Imax?

This was good.

Excellent soundtrack at the end, too. In memory of his late daughter

1 Like

Even better on second viewing

3 Likes

Yes. Saw it last night and it is a terrific film. One of the better ones Iā€™ve seen in a long time.

Go see it.

3 Likes

I just canā€™t get down with his depiction of Superman and Batman. Itā€™s all so joyless. Iā€™m not saying I need it to be Adam West-style goofy, but itā€™s not even enjoyable for me. He does know how to stage a scene though. Gotta hand him that.

Thanks for the recommendation Sham! Took a bit of time to get used to the three hostā€™s ā€˜energyā€™ (sounds chaotic at first haha) but first episode in today and there are some generally funny moments +plus enlightening historical events Iā€™d never heard about!

Itā€™s awesome.

1 Like

Yea youā€™re either gonna love or hate that Iā€™d say and I love it.

I donā€™t have show numbers but other topics they covered Iā€™d highly recommend
JFK
MK Ultra
L Ron Hubbard
any of the cult stuff

1 Like

Just out the cinema seeing this.

What a film, incredible! :clap:

Probably the longest film Iā€™ve watched in my life and it wasnā€™t a drag at all. Film of the year by an absolute mile

1 Like

Youā€™ll have to see Killers of the Flower Moon when it comes out - 3 and a half hours of Leo :heart_eyes:

Did you not see The Irishman? That went on for about 8 days!

2 Likes

Seen that in the trailers. Looked ok, best trailer was for Strays though looked fucking mental and funny :joy:

That bit in the film when they are about to test the bomb was an incredible piece of cinema. The room was in absolute silence. Its a I was there moment for me. Immense.

My thoughts on one of the scenes.

2 Likes