Olympiacos Vs Arsenal (UEL Round of 16 1st Leg)

I’d like to win the Europa cos it’s a trophy and this is what the game is all about. Couldn’t care less about playing in the CL next season. The money will help but meh. The main benefit aside from the money will be a couple of extra Saturday games.

5 Likes

What secrets :joy:? The blueprint of how too beat us are there for anyone too see.

8 Likes

I doubt that given he has barely been in it for about the last year.

1 Like

We need to beat these bastards, send them back to the underworld with Hades and Cerberus and shit.

On paper this should be a comfortable progression over two legs. Don’t want to see any bullshit this time around

3 Likes

Are the home and away legs in London and Greece this time around?

My understanding is that they are.

1 Like

Thread title slipping into a third line was triggering me. @Calum has never done that to my knowledge.

:santi:

:joy: I’m just a standard UEL man myself or UCL back in the day lol

1 Like

Play Pepe. Play Cedric behind Pepe. Arsenal win by 3 goals to nil.

1 Like

Pépé should have been starting the last few games anyway. Earned the right to start after his great Leicester performance.

He could have built up some form right when it matters for us. But his Arsenal story continues as before, constantly in and out of the team. Really frustrating when he is a player who can be a difference maker in games. We don’t have many of them.

1 Like

Next time I’ll spell out sixteen

1 Like

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Partey Ceballos
Saka Ødegaard Pepe
Aubameyang

3 Likes

Like it but I’m not sure we’ll see the CM partnership we’ve never seen.

Bellerin or Cedric the other interesting choice for mine:

2 Likes

Xhaka getting dropped now is wishful thinking.
He’s been arguably our best player since December. Arteta ain’t gonna drop him because he fucked up once in this period.
(Granted, Arteta would have no problem doing this to someone like Pepe though…)

4 Likes

Yeah, Arteta will probably pick Xhaka over Ceballos and Mari over Gabriel. Those are just my picks. Tbf, Xhaka has looked good whenever he’s played with Partey, as you say. Apparently ESR is available for the game too. As for Pepe, I can’t see a logical reason for him not to start here.

1 Like

:arteta: Hi

5 Likes

Im worried Robbie

3 Likes

I think we will beat Olympiacos, and eventually go on to win the EL. Nothing left to play for outside of this cup and performances aside we have the quality to beat anyone.

1 Like

I really need us to win tonight, please god

1 Like