Oleksandr Zinchenko (35)

https://player.arsenal.com/watch-oleksandr-zinchenko-first-interview

He actually called him “Mister”. Oh my days. :rofl:

No I’m aware of that, we actually rarely disagree on Arteta’s tactics. What we disagree on is the need for this place to be completely oversaturated by twitter’s culture.

Although I do appreciate the landscape is changing and not even here can escape it forever, this place used to be a throw back to a different era, even with everyone keeping on the pulse of rumors though social media. Social media football content is pretty much easily accessible to every single fucker on the planet, old school discussion debate and clashes of personalities are a dieing art form when it comes to online fan bases. Places like Arsenal Mania have already been completely corrupted to the core with it.

I do get that is my issue though and I think I just need to give this place a break during the transfer windows and wait for the actual football to come around because these guys like Fab, Ornstein and all the Twitter kids who ride on their coat tails has always been a really rotten read for me. Don’t even get me started on all the superfluous stuff like music videos. The relevent stuff is fine, great even, it’s all the other bollocks I don’t really want in my life and a place like this doesn’t work with you find yourself muting other members. Certain threads absolutely but members, nah.

4 Likes

My man here true to his Slav Squat roots.

Will always be Olek to me.

2 Likes

Love the vids for this. He told Frimpon(not that guy) that he played with Frimpong(yes, that guy) at Ufa. :rofl:

Arteta settling the debate.

His main position is as a left back but within that position and within the formation that we have he he can alter and occupy different spaces on the pitch”

@Castiel was right. :wenger2:

1 Like

@Castiel rn

3 Likes

Arteta really gave that “He a left back but not really a left back uno.” answer.

As Arteta’s personal fluffer I’m privy to these kind of subtle nuances in his approach.

People have been saying for a long time they’ve always struggled to see what type of plan Arteta has but honestly I’ve never found it too complicated or enigmatic. The personnel didn’t fit his plan and that made people overthink what his style was trying to be.

Between my drunken ravings I did mention I think we’ve bought Zinchenko in to do what we had Xhaka do very early in Mikels managerial career and that’s to essentially be a midfield outlet at left back. The problem is that Xhaka had zero ability to fulfil the athletic requirements of that role. Zinchenko is essentially multifunctional enough that he play LB but also replicate the work of a CM in game at times. It’s going to be a very fluid thing and I just didn’t seeing it being as simplistic as Xhaka out Zinchenko in. Whereas Tierney is head down and run to byline, useful but not in line with our tactics. Even moreso no with Jesus.

Having a left back like Zinchenko, fulfilling this type of role would maybe open up our midfield to dropping Xhaka for an actual progressive baller in the 8/10, Paqueta, Madders types who might need a little extra help out of possession. Though that’s just ideological spit balling and I wouldn’t back that statement in reality.

Despite my disgruntled demeanor the other night I’m really happy about this and think it will be pivoted to Arteta adapting and finalizing his system. And I would like to see Zinchenko play for us at CM I just think it will take some time to get there and isn’t initially the larger game plan, outside injuries of course.

1 Like

lol :joy: I might have phrased that sentence wrong.

Oh, oh…god, sorry. :sweat_smile:

Haha np. Before I re read my own post I was like: “What does he mean? I’m 40+. It’s been more then 10 years since I went to school” :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like a bald guy wearing a wig he’s pulled back too far

Absolute travesty he didn’t use his rap song.

2 Likes

Ffs :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

fun
good choice

Btw, Zinchenko really pulled a worldie. Fair play my dude.
:pires2:

https://instagram.com/v.lada_sedan?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

(My only mutual with her is Ornstein :grimacing:)

3 Likes

She is pretty fine indeed. Looks like Margot Robbie.

2 Likes

Looks like the average pro footballer wife tbh.

2 Likes

Also, love how he got into the team immediately. Looks in great shape.