Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

Hope he comes back as improved as Saliba did. Got the talent to be good if he trains well and learns to defend

5 Likes

I think he can still make a career here, certainly felt like a developmental loan and not a pushing him out the door one.

1 Like

Sanchez on to combine with crazy Nuno for some sweet goals :arteta2:

Get Sambi on a loan there.
Ainsley for a nominal fee. And what does Mustafi do nowadays?

Iā€™d love if we treat Marseille as a finishing school.

GFFN would be in tears

3 Likes

Arteta football has proved too demanding for Nuno so far and unless he improves technically, itā€™s unlikely to get any easier.

Outside of a positional change (left-winger), I donā€™t see him at Arsenal. Do as we did to Joe Willock and fetch a profit on him when sold.

8 Likes

Should be able to get ā‚¬20m for him

I mean we asked him to make a huge step up in league at a pretty young age (21 when we signed him) after not even being a starter in portugal. Not only that but we then asked him to perform against one of the best teams in the world and ultimately his confidence was knocked by that and a couple of early subs.

I think writing him off after that is premature, of course he needs to improve but thatā€™s the whole point of the loan. Iā€™d also be fine with trying him as a left winger given itā€™s a weakness in our squad and his attacking game is better than his defensive side currently but I think his chance as a left back isnā€™t gone yet.

All depends how he takes the loan, Iā€™m not opposed to selling him for profit but itā€™s not the same as the Guendouzi/AMN/Bellerin loans is my point.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t be so sure

Guendouzi, Leno and Torreira suggest otherwise

GFFN donā€™t even know his name, lol.
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1559285803221647363?t=nhQq1QcB1YM2jJkARLAWrw&s=19

Edit:
They ainā€™t slick.

This shows this guy can be converted into a winger

2 Likes

This is so Tavares.

2 Likes

Itā€™s an obvious career path for me.

1 Like

Glad this guy is actually proving he is a footballer, after being slated way more than he should, online and on here.

Heā€™ll come back better, stronger and hopefully be able to slot into our squad

2 Likes

He joined the dark side!

2 Likes

He scored again?

Yeah, this guy is less of a defender and more of a winger

4 Likes

And it was his shot that lead to third goal

Nuno, Sanchez(scored 2), Kolasinac, Guen(assist), Pepeā€¦so much Arsenal in this match haha

Pepe jogging for third goal :confused:

Driving his value up very nicely. 25m player on this form.

Found his level it would seem.