Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

I trust Assteta to get the best out of this rough diamond. Im glad its in Asstetas hands. Had it been the job of the old past it french fart Wenger to train and nurture this raw talent i would have been very worried. Mainly because Wenger should have been sacked in 2016 and some might argue he could have been sacked way before. I mean, its not for nothing people called him Arsene Mugabe.

Nah, donā€™t try to make this a Wenger topic now.
@BigWeng_4LYFE ban is coming up in a few hours. :rofl:

No he wonā€™t. This is the equivalent of bigweng on Cabellos.

Heā€™s a very talented player Stroller.
Talent wise he certainly trumps Tierney.

Rapid, great stamina, can use both feet, can dribble, can cross and he has even shown some threat in the box.

Unfortunately his biggest downfall here is his unpredictability. I think thatā€™s the last thing Arteta wants in his team, especially from his defenders.

I think heā€™s gone within the next year.

I remember people trying this rhetoric on Kola.
He is young enough to improve, maybe.
Probably abroad long term but heā€™s not going too be a special talent.
He canā€™t read the game yet or time a tackle consistently.
Letā€™s take it a step at a time and leave twitter nerds convince themselves that day is night.

I remember watching some practice video of Ox, and he was absolutely hitting lasers into upper 90 from outside the boxā€¦ buuuuttt it didnā€™t translate to game very wellā€¦ also, that quote says nothing about accuracy lolā€¦ maybe he smashes itā€¦ into the stands.

I donā€™t think heā€™s anything like Kola tbh.
Kola was very one footed. He wasnā€™t a good carrier of the ball or fast enough either.

Again, just to clarify, I donā€™t think Nuno makes it here.
But from a talent perspective he has the tools.

1 Like

There was a time when kola pace was a big thing with people on here.

3 Likes

Glad I wasnā€™t around. :rofl:

Tavares is genuinely one of the worst top flight football players Iā€™ve ever seen. He has absolutely no football ability.

Thereā€™s no untapped potential there. Heā€™s just flat out shit.

2 Likes

Pretty positive you praised him quite a lot earlier in the season. :rofl:
What changed?

Being able to kick a ball hard is not talent. And even Arteta doesnā€™t seem too keen on him, dude would rather play our other players out of position at LB then Nuno.

Yeah, I donā€™t think thatā€™s because of his talent though.
Heā€™s too unpredictable which a micromanager like Mike wonā€™t accept.

I also do think that maybe deep down there is something resembling talent inside him. He did manage to keep Tierney on the bench for a handful of games earlier in the season.

I am not to fussed about him since he only cost us something like ā‚¬8M. The best that I think we can do with him is to loan him out to an ā€œeasierā€ league for the next season, and then either get rid of him or give him another chance depending on how he performs.

Yeah, I think thatā€™s a likely scenario.
Loan, hopefully he impresses and get 10-15m back for him.
Itā€™s gonna be the same for Pepe too.

His biggest downfall is he has no football intelligence whatsoever. Heā€™s a massive liability.

2 Likes

If only being fast and having a powerful shot was enough to be a good footballer. The 6 inches between his ears is where he is lacking. And I donā€™t think that can be coached cause when it comes to crunch time, he will revert to type and do something stupid.

Tbf, I elaborated in a further post what I meant with the untapped potential bit.
But I donā€™t disagree with your argument. He is an odd cat for sureā€¦

Yeah I remember for a little while we were stoked with him. I think he made a few hard bastard Brexit challenges early on here which tricked us into thinking he could defend.

4 Likes

The famous words of our very own Reiss Nelson.

@Midfield_Maestro

1 Like