Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

I feel like in the last few years every time we’ve doubled up our defense to concede less we end up just conceding as much if not more. The only exception being AMN Tierney in the cup run but Arteta really seems destined on a 4 atb, which ultimately will be a good thing for the type of football we want to play.

1 Like

I’d keep him at LB for now but as he develops he might eventually become an option as an inverted RB, sort of like how Cancelo now often plays LB.

If we could rotate Tierney, Nuno, and Tomiyasu that would be a good group.

Hopefully this is his last game as our starting LB

Average as fuck

1 Like

Alright decent run in the team mate, back to Tierney now.

What did he do bad? The second goal was bad luck for him. Could have started a great counter with that but the ball didn’t go his way and it was hard to recover. Not sure Tierney wouldn’t have made the same mistake.

Anyway, pretty good performance again and some excellent crosses in the end that our forwards threw in the bin as per.

1 Like

Gutsy performance but he’s still very raw around the edges.
Bad mistake on the second goal. Learn and move on.

4 Likes

Nothing for me. He played a much more contained game tonight, presumably on instruction, but he still managed to get in a couple of dangerous positions and almost got on the end of one chance.

I don’t think he’s making a big difference though, I’d like to see Tierney back for a run now. See if the break has served him well.

Manchester City keen on Arsenal’s Tavares
As part of the club’s efforts to strengthen the left-back position, sources told ESPN that Manchester City have watched Arsenal defender Nuno Tavares, who has impressed in his first season at the Emirates Stadium.
The Portugal under-21 international has emerged as a contender for Kieran Tierney’s place since his £8 million move to Arsenal from Benfica last summer, and while sources added City are unlikely to make a move in January, the 21-year-old remains a player of interest.

More on:

I was thinking about it the other day.
City have been searching for a LB for a good while now. They’ve been heavily linked with Nuno Mendes but he was way too expensive and he isn’t lighting the world on fire since his move to PSG either. Wouldn’t be surprised if Tavares gets called up in the national team soon and takes his spot.

Hooked in the first half after seemingly being a favourite only a few weeks back. Bizarre.

He’s shite that’s why.

Looked like he didnt give a fuck playing with his head up his big arse. He will learn from this.

Fairly tame reaction all things considered.

I’d try and locate those gloves though. Conditions aren’t the kindest when it comes to bench sitting for 60 mins.

4 Likes

He was genuinely terrible, not just off his game but doing bizarre lazy shit like clearing a ball straight to an opponent when there was an obvious and easy pass instead.

5 Likes

I think that and the pass back to Leno were what triggered Arteta.

Especially after building up a sweat. Hope he’s put a nice thick jumper on :grin:

1 Like

So called competition at LB dead and buried already.

Aight backup but yeah Tierney has nothing to worry about here.

3 Likes

Tierney is also getting bossed at the minute, lol.
Perhaps we need a new LB.

shit passing has been a thing with him every single game but this was a bit too much perhaps.

3 Likes

Tavares must be counting all the mistakes made by rest of his teammates, just to throw it at Arteta later.

1 Like