Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (EFL Cup 3rd Round)

Outcome of the match?

• Nottingham Forest win in 90 mins
  • Arsenal win in 90 mins
  • Nottingham Forest win after extra time
  • Arsenal win after extra time
  • Nottingham Forest win on pens
  • Arsenal win on pens

0 voters

Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal
EFL Cup Third Round
20th September 2016
Kick-off: 19:45
The City Ground

Hopefully there will be streams for this? Ridiculous Sky picked Leicester vs Chelsea over our match. Thats a PL game this is a proper cup game. :confused:

1 Like

I think Wenger will play the same team vs Chelsea that played against Hull. So I expect this to be something like:

Giroud
Jeff----Ox—Lucas
Elneny–Xhaka
Gibbs-Holding-Mustafi-Debuchy
Ospina

1 Like

Holding, Granit and Perez surely to start.

Ospina, AMN, Holding, Gabriel, Gibbs, Elneny, Xhaka, Lucas, Jeff, Oxlade, Giroud

Debuchy hasn’t trained since before the Liverpool game and not been on the bench since pre-season, no idea whats happened to him.

Injured it seems

That is a pretty good team tbf… should be enough to take care of the Merry Men. Hope Willock gets more minutes and looking forward to see more of Lucas and Xhaka.

2 Likes

Going to this one.

Ospina / Bellerin Holding Mustafi Gibbs / Xhaka Coquelin / Adelaide Chamberlain AMN / Perez

2 Likes

Ospina / xx, Holding, Gabriel, Gibbs / Xhaka, Elneny / Oxlade, Adelaide, Perez / Akpom

I’d go with that.
Wenger might even have Iwobi as well, but those players are easily good enough to beat Forest.

There is no point risking first team regulars for a competition like this.

1 Like

Poll added. Will be good to give the youngsters a go along with some like Perez who haven’t had a proper chance yet to show themselves.

Hope we do better in this competition this season after the woeful showing at Wednesday last season. I think we’ll win 3-1 during the 90 mins.

1 Like

Forest to win, Bendtner hat trick.

Written in the stars :sparkles:

1 Like

Anyone know if this game will be on TV?

well it’s not on in the UK. Maybe America or someone is showing it??

It’s on BeIN sports 8

1 Like

We are pretty healthy at the moment so I’m predicting us to get through this one.

Dont mind that selection but I want Ozil Sanchez etc on the bench.
If your saying and I agree we wont win the league or CL why not give this a decent go.
I for one will be pissed off if we go out here.

1 Like

Our record in the League Cup is risible, even if Wenger has reduced the yoof experimentation aspect of this competition in recent seasons, you still know we aren’t winning it.

A couple of finals in the last decade or so granted, but typically we’re allergic to going beyond the last 16.

We should be 3-time winners anyway, Birmingham was a fucking shambles. A fairly seismic day in shifting a lot of AKBs over into more neutral territory.

4 Likes

Wonder if Ospina having CL matches means Emi starts tomorrow?

1 Like

Sounds brutal, but we need to keep Ospina sharp and challenging Cech, so i’d give the Colombian the minutes.

The 3rd keeper at a club is not a good position to occupy in my world.

5 Likes

Richard Wright did ok, I wouldn’t mind a career like that too much.

But no, you don’t get to play much. It’s a shame because Martinez is actually decent from the games I’ve seen him play.

Emi is way too good to be rotting on the bench as a 3rd GK, no idea why he wasn’t sent on loan…it seems like whoever was in charge of loaning out our young players this summer to get them playing time took the summer off.

Giroud out for tomorrow, hoping to see this team, though I expect/worry Wenger will put Iwobi or Theo in there unnecessarily:

Pérez
Willock-Jeff-Ox
El Nene-Xhaka
Gibbs-Holding-Gabriel-Ainsley Maitland Niles
Emiliano

edit: shit, just realised Akpom will certainly play :facepalm: