Nicolas Pépé

Big transfer signings shouldn’t be judged more harshly that cheap signings? I disagree regardless whose fault it is, Pepe is our record transfer and currently ( like i said before he can get better, along with every younger player) hes been poor in my.opinion.

2 Likes

Why are you so angry all the time? :joy::joy::joy:

I think it’s BS indeed that transfer fees have become such a big deal in judging players. A lot of not great players have gone for around 70 million or more at this point (Morata, Lukaku, Lemar, Lucas Hernandez, Maguire). Basically incompetence and inflation made, certain players, in this case Pepe, expensive. But we are going to use that to judge him?

I think he needs to better himself too. But I’m not going to say he should perform better because he was expensive.

1 Like

I was perfectly calm until that idiot started calling anyone with a different opinion a penis.
If you read the thread you’ll see I was perfectly reasonable till then
Why are you not replying to his post?

The anger is real :slight_smile:

I think you might be the first person to ever be wound up by Sham, he posts like a 40 year old council worker come on man.

Not wound up in the slightest. Just standing my ground with some tosser.

You cannot speak to me like that in person and I dont take it from anyone online either.

I love it when this happens :joy:

10 Likes

It’s true that it’s not the fault of the player if he was an expensive signing.
But we have spent around 200m on Pepe, Xhaka, Lacazette and Mustafi, and are lumbered with poor performing players on massive wages.

Someone at the club must be accountable for such consistently poor decision making and wasting the supporters money.

2 Likes

Didn’t say it was any more valid fellow arsehole.

As an example you sign a supposed world class striker and hes on 400k a week, and you sign another striker for 5 mil on 10k a week and they both perform the same, by this logic I cant be aggrieved that the more expensive player should be performing better but be annoyed at Raul instead.

I do understand the logic, just feel like it should be in the discussion.

Yet you feel it’s ok to start trouble by calling posters with different opinions penises.
WAFC

I suggest you either adapt or fuck off mate. If you can’t handle being called a penis (not even directly I might add) the internet isn’t for you.

5 Likes

Does every mod have a massive ego problem on here? Its fucking hilarious

1 Like

It’s even more hilarious that some people seem to think that mods form some part of like minded clique, where we all have huge egos and gang up on certain users who have different opinions.

1 Like

I dont think you’re part of a link minded clique at all and I never suggested that…

Rather presumptuous

I guess your ego couldn’t refrain from replying to me though

Well I mean you made a comment about ‘mods’ and I happen to be one so the comment directly invoked myself lol.

My comment was a general remark about some of the opinions that get thrown around here by a select group of people. We couldn’t be any more different as human beings and I consider most of the other mods to have no ego issues whatsoever. Just seems like some people are so quick to assert that there’s some kind of ego or power trip going on when that’s just not the case. We’re all posters of the same forum, we all challenge each other and sometimes get in heated discussions but some people genuinely can’t let a mod say anything out of line without it being some kind of “ego issue”.

I have one though, absolutely no doubt about that. Don’t think most of the others do. If one has, then all must I guess.

Pepe has been very disappointing despite the glimpses of class he’s shown this season. Crazy to downplay his talent though, it’s very clear he’s gifted and we did not pay £72m for nothing. Think he’s coming into his own and barring injury should start next season off to a flyer.

8 Likes

Yeah I totally agree. Think he’s going to thrive even if the early showings have been hit and miss. I think he’s a victim of the circumstances he’s walked into and I think if he did end up at a more settled team he’d be tearing it.

No it wasn’t you replied to me and said even more hilarious , it was a direct response to me.

Shammy just wound up a returning poster then when he reacted told to fuck off.