Nicolas Pépé

He did give Bale vibes at Lille, and now their stats align too. Lethal.

Also, Son is fucking insane.

6 Likes

He’s got the finish, I think he just needs to back himself more to get into the finishing position rather than just passing the ball back. His second goal v Brighton was a great example of that.

1 Like
3 Likes

Good season from Pepe. Clearly improving.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPc3y0UDcLE/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

He’s 26 now, that’s the sort of age where you can’t carry on making excuses for a player (and he’s been shown a lot more goodwill and patience than most players).

Arteta has done everything in his power to scupper his form and continuity, but if he keeps getting starts then he needs to be dropping solid numbers next season.

3 Likes

Made it into the Europa League best XI. :clap:
Expected to be fair, I think ye had the most G/A in the competition.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah wait till he finds form and becomes crucial to the team, that’s when the curse starts

Too many sub appearances for my liking, I’d have thought.

3 Likes
4 Likes

19 year old Bukayo is POTS.

Our experienced core is so rotten I can’t stand it. :face_vomiting:

Our 2nd best player is a bench option. :arteta:

3 Likes

Our POTS is Saka. It won’t be popular this but that’s down as a successful introduction and handling by Arteta.
Got plenty wrong in a shit season but his handling of Saka has got him this award and a place at the Euros no?

7 Likes

Completely agree, Pepe and Saka both vying for the same RW spot and somehow Arteta has managed to get really good performances out of both of them. There’s lots of sticks to beat Arteta with but I think he’s done alright by Pepe and Saka in the long run.

It’s another reason I feel like we should be targeting Grealish over Buendia despite the expense, that RW position is locked down, we need to address the left and Grealish thrives there. I’m sure Buendia could operate from it but do you really want 3 natural RW’s all in your first 11. Hell AMN might come back and decide that’s where he wants to play too.

3 Likes

Agreed, he gets credit where due. He’s also overplayed Saka to make up for his (many) other shit managerial decisions around the pitch.

4 Likes

I’m not going to credit Arteta that much for Saka doing well this season because I am absolutely confident that the better manager most of us want would still have got just as good performances out of Saka, and would do next season if our board grew a pair and tried to hire a proper manager.

In Pepe’s case I actively think his decent stats are inspite of Arteta, and certainly not because of him.

14 Likes

Thanks. Don’t need to write a proper post now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Emery was the one who started Saka and brought him into the team to begin with no? Definitely no way Arteta can take credit for Saka

2 Likes

I have to disagree on Pepe because I think he was terribly managed in the first half of the season and then when he got a consistent run of matches in the second be produced a lot of good output. He shouldn’t have been on the bench nearly as much in the first half of the season when we couldn’t score and needed a player like that who could unlock things.

2 Likes

I love how @Stroller mentions this won’t be a popular opinion and about five members go on to tell him that it isn’t popular haha.

You can honestly predict what’s coming when you mention anything remotely lax abour Arteta on here.

2 Likes