Nicolas Pépé

His upturn in form does not excuse his facial hair.

1 Like

He’s had a very good season, but Arteta misused him for most of it. He’s not a 72 million pound player but the guys a lot better then many of his critics want to admit. He’s someone if Arteta backs him can have a big say in this Arsenal side.

3 Likes

Imagine if he had been trusted properly in the first half of the season and we weren’t giving Willian his minutes. It still really pisses me off how badly that was managed, but he’s basically done as much as he possibly could this calendar year to show his worth.

12 Likes

Have to be said Pepe has had a good 2021

1 Like

5 goals in his last 3 starts. This is the Pépé we thought we were getting. Putting defenders on the back foot, scaring them with his quality control, pace and unpredictability. He’s actually a very decent finisher as well when he gets his shots off.

Shame the season is ending for him. Hopefully he carries this into next season. Thought the same was going to happen after his quality FA Cup final performance last year, but Arteta fucked him by not giving him a run of games.

Hopefully we see big boy Pépé come to the party next season.

3 Likes

Certainly making me change my mind after his awful start at the club. Very good again today and definitely our best player since Christmas. Well done Pepe!!

2 Likes

If he’s hitting Walcott goal/assist tallies, he’s really coming on. Very proud he’s been able to do this under such a cancer manager to attacking football.

5 Likes

This is why I just cannot understand people who think this guy is a useless shitbox. Look at how much end product he’s had in a side that is so bereft of any threat most of the time, and often he’s created things completely on his own. It’s also overstated that he’s invisible unless he’s scoring, he isnt. I just don’t get what some people are looking at when they think that of literally all of our attacking players right now, that THIS is the guy we should be moving on from. It’s probably a diminishing view now but I still see it doing the rounds and it does my head in.

6 Likes

:arteta: cooking up a nice fuck Pepe sauce already

1 Like

Incredible from ol’ Pete!

His form is slightly caveated by the fact that these past couple of games have been essentially useless.

BUT, he’s clearly better than many thought. Imagine if he started more games…

1 Like

Ah the whole ‘Pepe is in form in meaningless games’ so obviously all criticism of his is unfounded.

Might not be the player I thought he was when he was joining, but definitely has some serious end product and numbers in him if you use him.
Definitely able to replicate top prime Walcott’s numbers while offering more on the ball, with his dribbling, ball carrying quality etc.

No matter how much I doubted him at times, he should have been a starter most of the time… Or at least the first sub… Not having Willian in front of him or stuff like that.

2 Likes

Don’t buy the “he only hit form in meaningless games” argument. At the same time, he needs to do this on a more consistent basis before we can say we got the player we were paying for.

Given how he was used this season, I think we couldn’t have asked for more. So for me, he gets a clean slate for next season, assuming of course Mikel plays him regularly. Having said that, he still needs to work on a few things in the summer.

1 Like

Nico speaking English? Game over.

5 Likes

Arteta was a Pepe stan after all.

Yeah, ended the season decently.

Now Pepe was his favourite player all along, it’s so utterly fake just like Arteta.

9 Likes

Tbf, this was back September 2020.

Point still stands as it turned out to be bollocks :pepe1:

6 Likes

Another nomination!!

1 Like
4 Likes