Nicolas Pépé

This was a big problem for us for the first part of the season, until Arteta stumbled across his current set up as he would change the front 3 every game, essentially preventing them from building any kind of chemistry, cohesion and fluidity. Which in my opinion is as important as a solid back line and defensive partnering. If he sticks with it, I think we will see more from all 3.

1 Like

I really hope we play the following:

…Aubameyang
Pepe…ESR…Saka

3 Likes

Thriving :crazy_face::grin:

1 Like

I hope he scores another 10 - 15 this season.

3 Likes

Wearing a wrist bandage and suddenly killing it a coincidence? I think not :grin: same happened with Suarez at Liverpool

2 Likes

Vardy also had it when they won the title, also after that… Not sure if he’s still wearing it.

2 Likes

That goal was fucking fantastic.

2 Likes

I guess the one positive is Pepe’s improved form?

8 Likes

Lovely goal. It may be a small sample size, but the potential of Pepe on the left is there for all to see.

6 Likes

How predictable would it be for Mikel to bench him for Auba against Villa?

2 Likes

Who would you bench hypothetically? Laca has been scoring all the goals, Saka is the main creative hub. Auba has been utter dogshit and looks completely disinterested. It’s him who should remain on the bench.

Laca has to go. Are we gonna give him an extension? I hope not, Auba is tied down and should have always been playing through the middle, Saka is great on the right and Pepe has been much better on the left plus hes ur 72m signing u gotta try and make him work.

1 Like

That would require a change of style just when the team finally started to gel.
Instead of building on it, we would have to spend another 4-5 games to rework a new template.

Pepe should not be dropped right now. The potential upside when he’s on his game elevates our attack because he has qualities that no one else in the squad has. He was fkn balling against Wolves.

3 Likes

By gelling you mean making a mad dash to finish 8th? I mean yeah if u wanna cement ur place in 8th or maybe 6th as ur ceiling then by all means keep playing Laca, Xhaka, Luiz, Holding, Bellerin and all the rest of the mediocre shitters that have sunken us to the depths we currently inhabit.

4 Likes

By gelling I mean team being able to score from open play.
We are not in Wenger era BigWeng, know our place

Hoping that he continues to work on this and we see more special things from him.

7 Likes

That’s fucking excellent.

Totally seeing why people hate Arsenal fans recently, hahahha.

Everyone and the refs hate usssssss and our record signing is doing normal winger thingssssss lemme show youuuuuuu.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean It’s just highlighting how he’s improved since his position has changed. Since he’s been moved to the left and goes in centrally his performances have improved game on game, we spent £72m on the guy, so it’s nice to finally see glimpses of that.

Also who cares what other fans say bro, they ain’t ever going to like us anyway :joy::rofl:

1 Like