Nicolas Pépé

More promising signs from him recently.

6 Likes

I think a few more runs and we will start to see him grow into his role. Looked more lively today and was more involved,

1 Like

Yeah I thought he was done but playing on the left? he looks so much better

1 Like

Yep, really good today. Hopefully he gets a fair run of games and doesn’t get dropped once Auba and Saka are back.

3 Likes

Ideally Pèpè left Auba center Sakadinho right

1 Like

Still needs to show that end product but better today

1 Like

I think that on the inside left, we’re he can go more central or get into the box is best position. Hopefully we see him there again next game, when Saka returns.

Loves that far post putt shot.

Still rather see him play on the left but this game suited him and he looked good.

Keep him in the side, he’s lively and up for it again. He was probably unlucky not to bury one of those chances in the far post and he had a good performance otherwise.

He had a good game but need him to be more clinical, not too hopeful about his long term future but he was bright, lively and diligent out of possession.

Hopefully builds on it.

2 Likes

Looking more like the late last season version of Pepe. He’ll still frustrate at times but he’s causing dangerous situations and looking lively.

2 Likes

Needs to hit the target more. Tired of his shots going wide of the mark.

1 Like

I thought he was the one that looked most likely to get us a goal, so wish his shot 10 mins from time just snuck in the corner.

3 Likes

Hope he builds on this, and continues to put the effort in, stay focused and involved in the games. Eventually it should click for him offensively as well.

9 Likes

Got till the end of the season now. It simply has too be a good improved run with a marked difference in performances.
Couple of man of the match games too. Can’t be waiting any longer now.

5 Likes

Got to agree, that goes for the majority of the team and the manager as well for me. Top four is still technically up for grabs, and with an unpredictable season like this, it’s definitely not impossible even if it’s unlikely. All of these man have to step up now, show they are actually Arsenal quality and players who want to win things. Especially Pepe.

4 Likes

Pepe is done here. Saka made that right winger position his own and the left is for Aubameyang and I hope to see Smith-Rowe there on occasion with Odegaard in the middle for some more flair.

Biggest flop is Arsenal history.

His recent performances would suggest otherwise. Seems to be thriving in his new role.

2 Likes

Saying that he is thriving right now is a bit much…he’s a bit more useful. In the defending sense of the game, didn’t think he added that much going forward in the last two games tbh. When Auba is back Arteta is going to bench him again. He has played on the left more often btw.

1 Like

Pepe weirdly steps up in the big games and puts in a pretty solid performance, in our FA Cup run he was one of our better performers but no one really took much notice. I get why people are frustrated with his end product but there’s still a really good player in there, and it wasn’t his fault his transfer fee was so over the top.

One thing I’m really optimistic about is he looks to enjoy playing with Saka and ESR and it feels like in the last couple of games they’ve all started to find more out about each other. I know Saka and ESR have always had a solid bond on the pitch but I’m excited that Pepe seems to be on their level too. The Southampton game in particular showed that Saka’s emergence in no way means Pepe is going to suffer. Saka is probably the most flexible player we’ve had in attack so there’s absolutely no reason Pepe/ESR/Saka all can’t share positions and minutes.

1 Like