Nicolas Pépé

Wenger turned a dumb sprinter like Theo into a professional footballer. I am sure he could have brought more out of Pepe

1 Like

The saddest part is that we used to get doods like Theo, Ox, RVP, Eduardo, Nasri, Ramsey, Wilshere, on the cheap and Wenger would have them looking world class like they could play in any team in the world. We cashed in on guys like Iwobi ect because Wenger had them looking amazing af, gotta give these doods away for free nowadays to get them out of the club after frauds like Arteta get their hands on them :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

There was never a stage in their Arsenal careers where Ox, Eduardo or Theo looked world class. I don’t ever remember Nasri reaching that level. Ramsey had one season (well half a season cause he spent most of if injured) where he looked like a world beater and that’s it.

And there’s also never a stage where Iwobi looked “amazing af”.

It’s fine to admire Arsene but you just make things up now lol

3 Likes

Meh semantics point im making as that we could extract good money from mediocre to decent players like Iwobi because Wenger had them looking a lot better than they really are.

2 Likes

That’s the only player we extracted good money from and it had nothing to do with Wenger.

This is the same man that sold players if the calibre of Fabregas for next to nothing and the same man who let a host of other players go for small fees.

You’re still reaching. You can definitely argue he extracted more talent from some players that we probably wouldn’t have seen at most clubs but that’s literally it.

Edit: Ox and Iwobi. And we tried to offer Ox a nearly £200k a week deal to keep him lol

1 Like

Pepe grew into the game in the 2nd half after Partey/Saka were introduced. Created 5 of our 8 chances for the game. He’s not in the Willian/Eddie category, IMO.

1 Like

Wut?? Lmaooo look at this list of mostly mediocre or past it players that we got good money for when we were pretty much done with their services.

Theo = 25m
AOC = 35m
Iwobi = 28 - 34m
Cesc = 30m
Nasri = 22m
RVP = 24m
Song = 20m
Vela = 14m
Vermaelen = 20m
Giroud = 17m
Coq = 15m

Only guys we got fucked on had extenuating circumstances like RVP who ran his contract down, and Cesc who forced a move and Barca undermined us the whole way. Otherwise that’s a load of crap (besides Theo who was an injured shell of himself at this point) that we made bank on, all cuz Arsene made them look like legit players.

4 Likes

Sanchez - shit swap deal after turning down £60m for him in the summer
Ozil - given £350k a week deal
RVP - one of the best strikers in the world who’s contract ran down to his final 12 months so we lost him for a shit fee to a team we never should have been selling players to
Woj - £7m after a stellar season for Roma

We paid £12m for Vermaelen and sold him for £15m lol. Are you really championing a £3m profit.

Coquelin was sold for about £12m which isn’t money I’d be bragging about.

I like the Walcott, Iwobi and Ox sales but we clearly didn’t get good fees for players like Cesc, Nasri and prevented ourselves from maximising RVP value by letting his deal run to the final year.

L

2 Likes

Was a Sven deal but conveniently a Wenger thing for the purpose of ur narrative now so lool, regardless Wenger liked to hold on to our players because he actually achieved top 4 and won shit for us :joy::joy:

Ozil deal is fine if Wenger is still managing, we’ve already covered this we don’t have a manager that could coach his way out of a paper sack that’s why our players have lost their value.

Woj was and had always been shit anyways

RVP we did good for the final year we offered him extensions not much u can do

And yeah getting 15 and 12m for players who are worth half that or less is good, and that’s down to Wenger making these guys look better than they are pure and simple.

1 Like

So all the good was Wenger and all the bad as everyone else. Got it. :ok_hand:t3:

Yeah lol exactly cuz that’s actually what happened :+1::grin:

Did you see the game yesterday, Walcott looks 200 IQ compared to our wingers. His movement off the ball, his passing and making centre backs uncomfortable as fuck to make space for team mates. I used to think all he was is pace and he used to infuriate the fuck out of me but when I see an old Theo play so much better than Pepe and Willian maybe I didnt give him enough credit.

5 Likes

IMG-20210124-WA0000

10 Likes

Coming from the guy who had to make up absolute lies about Wenger never wanting Xhaka in a desperate attempt to reconcile your fiercely pro Wenger and anti Xhaka agendas :joy:

2 Likes

Theo, Giroud and Podolski was actually a a underrated front three looking back at it

2 Likes

Wenger never scouted Xhaka he only told him we want u, as in the club wanted him. Wenger never woulda bought that player at that price. A lot of weird stuff happened that window like both Mustafi and Perez being bought with sizeable price tags, without Wenger’s approval at all. He never spent that much on players unless u were Özil or Sanchez. If you honestly think Wenger is spending 35m on him then ur not as logical a thinker as u claim to be.

2 Likes

You know Weng, I find you tiresome

Lippy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Eddie is a poacher who can’t finish.

Tiny sample I know but still.

5 Likes