Nicolas Pépé

Noted this on the matchday thread but he attempted some really good passes.
Anyway, he looked better when he switched to the left wing. It’s becoming a common thing now. Might as well embrace it.

1 Like

Got to be one of the biggest dodgy deals in the history of world football if you look at the inexplicable lack of brain and fighting spirit in this player.

Sure he’s loving his millions a year in wages and that Lille have been laughing all the way to the bank.

Fucking top shit Raul signing this and I can’t believe anyone ever thought that prick was doing a good job heading up the football side of the club. Left us in a right fucking mess.

1 Like

I’ve said it before, and I still stand by this, Pepe IS a decent footbller, however, he needs a manager who trusts him, and also plays expansive attacking football…Arteta is NOT that man…

Once Arteta leaves, I believe we will see a good Pepe…

1 Like

Pepe will be gone before the club admit the Arteta appointment was a mistake.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree but I’m not sure Pepe is even that good in higher percentage situations. He got played in a few yards behind Bertrand that one time and what happened? Bertrand caught him with ease then he knew exactly what Pepe would do since Pepe is completely one footed and stopped him easily.

Its not just that Pepe has a lot of weaknesses, its also that he’s not even that good at the things that are supposed to be strengths (pace, playing on the break, dribbling).

I feel like we just have to take the L and move on. If we get Odegaard on loan then we have six good players for four attacking positions (ESR, Saka, Odegaard, Auba, Laca, Martinelli) and we should just rotate among them while using the others as our primary subs and hopefully Pepe, Willian, Nketiah, and Willock never see the pitch again unless its total garbage time.

1 Like

I hope you’re right and I wish I shared your optimism. Thing is that Saka ESR and Martinelli all look so much better even under this manager.

1 Like

7 Likes

Which ones? Can only remember the pass to Nketiah…

1 Like

The other four were probably accidental.

I think Gervinho was probably more useful than Pepe. He just doesn’t fit into this team.

2 Likes

He is basically Joel Campbell with a decent pen and free kick lol r. Raul should be arrested for fraud

2 Likes

Joel Campbell was actually very useful of a player. I would be happy if Pepe could give us Joel Campbell esque half a season

1 Like

He’s got less argument than most players for blaming Arteta actually.
He’s in his natural position now. It’s not like under Emery when he was deeper. Doesn’t get involved enough and he just hasn’t got it. Will never be consistent enough.
Can get shut confidently knowing he’s not going to leave us regretting the decision.

His stats were better but Gervinho was also playing under a GOD of a manager that could make mediocre players look like world beaters for at least a brief spell. Wenger would have Pepe housing the league if he was still here.

3 Likes

Like fuck he would or could .The guy takes no responsibility for his own game. He’s done.

Oh please lol don’t embararass yourself. Wenger had the likes of Marouane Chamakh with decent/good goal return, he’d easily have a player like Pepe crushing it, its not even a matter of opinion its fact.

1 Like

Ate we saying Chamakh and Gervinhio are good signings or not here.
Are thry down to Wenger or stat DNA. Let me guess they ended up they were bad so stat DNA.
Any good YouTube clip is down to Wenger. That how it works.
Fuck me that’s a mad world you live in.

Lolol Chamakh is horrible and under Wenger in his first year he scored 19 goals :joy::joy: Wenger was elite af.

2 Likes

Man I agree Wenger would have Pepe playing a lot better but Cham only scored 11 goals that season not 19. Still impressive for him though, just want it to be factual.

2 Likes

My bad aussie ur right, he had 11 and 8 assists so 19 goal contributions in all. He was a free transfer we took a punt on. Think about doods like Sango Wenger had him scoring CL winners :joy::joy:

2 Likes