Nicolas Pépé

Nah, not even lol

At least the fullback would be nervous to push up

Really wanted Pepe to dice up Van Dijk when he had him back tracking. Alas.

Those corners were a travesty too.

I said it a while ago, but it’s clear Arteta doesn’t rate Pepe and Willian was brought in to replace him

1 Like

Pepe needs to learn when to release a pass, also needs to get a lot physically stronger on the ball, not things you want to me saying for a 70 million quid winger.

1 Like

Says the ultimate right winger.

3 Likes

Pepe is the prime example of why this club are in the spot they are in. Lazy name chasers in the transfer market. Pepe isn’t a 72m player we got fucked because we chased the hype and didn’t know enough about the player or have a smart recruitment policy. Imagine if we’d spent like 30m on Sarr who could have given us the same productivity and we’d have had an extra 40m or so to invest in other areas of the side.

And the most disheartening thing is we don’t fucking learn our lesson, we are doing the same exact same thing with Aouar. Could have spent half of what Lyon want and had a player a month ago. Instead we are going to stretch our money as far as we can just for a guy who is hyped right now. Lol can’t make up how incredibly terrible we are run as a club.

3 Likes

Bet he mentions Sarr

Yuuurp.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Sarr isn’t really the point of the post, the point is we should be a hell of a lot smarter in the market. We just throw money down the toilet and it’s not like we can recover from these mistakes. It just so happens I said we should have bought Sarr that summer and then he turned out every bit as good as Pepe in the league anyways.

1 Like

Lol- just had an image of Lana

1 Like

Sarr had like one good game against Pool in the league and you didn’t even watch it.

3 Likes

He actually had a better goal/assist contribution per minute than Pepe in the PL :joy::joy:

Oh and btw that 72m looks really suspect now that we’ve signed Willian on a free and he starts over Pepe in the same position :thinking::thinking:

But But But hes evolved in training as per Arteta. Whole squad has evolved.

Evolved to take shitty corners and make no impact lol.

No defending that Pepe cameo last night. But I still want to see the Pepe, Aubameyang and Saka front three get a run together. If Pepe keeps on laying eggs then give Willian the nod.

Pepe’s got an abundance of talent but it’s often hard to have faith in him when he seems so careless.

6 Likes

Aside from the opener, Willian hasn’t looked good so far.
If Arteta is fair, Saka or Pepe need to get a start in the PL over him at some point.

2 Likes

Totally agree about that front three, I think it’s the best one we could play if they are firing on all cylinders.

I just feel like we’ve not managed Pepe well. Some of it has been down to him, but a lot of it has been down to us. Why buy someone for that fee and not persist with them, particularly in periods when they’ve actually played well? So often he has shown flashes of what he can do but then it ends with him being left out of the side again. I just don’t understand why we haven’t persisted more with him, and we simply can’t expect to throw him on after 60-70 minutes all of the time and make a success out of him at Arsenal. He needs to play, not be forced into cameo appearances.

3 Likes

Keeping Saka and Pepe on the bench for Willian is a crime atm. Ok, it can even pass against Liverpool where he tried to use his defensive qualities, but generally Pepe and Saka should have an advantage.

5 Likes

If I’d known they’d be benched for Willian I’d have been even more against the signing, hope he doesn’t continue as first choice.

3 Likes

I was always entirely for the move and I love Willian as a player but I didn’t think him coming here would destroy life for Pepe. We have so many players that we’ve given up hope on it would be a shame to have to add Pepe to that list.

Willian-Auba-Pepe is legitimately our best front 3 at the moment and I’m sad I’ll never see it.

9 Likes