Nicolas Pépé

Poor mans Ryan Babbel and that’s almost impossible.

Still think that prize goes to Kepa.

2 Likes

Seriously what would we get for him in the summer ?

Maybe 10-15?

The French league is broke so our only hope there is PSG want him for some reason.

1 Like

He has been shocking no question about it. I hoped he would push on from the FA Cup performances in the summer but he’s well and truly a bust.

Feel sorry for recruitment on this one tbh. This could have happened to a lot of top clubs.

He’d be a handy squad option for a team like Leicester.

1 Like

Really? I’m not sure it could have. There were rumblings we overpaid at the time of the deal. I think it’s become clear there were some shenanigans going on between Raul and Lille and Pepe’s reps.

2 Likes

Oh now y’all seeing the light huh?

Absolute bust, Lille pulled off one of the biggest robberies of the century with this fraud.

2 Likes

He was a baller in France mate there’s clearly some class to be harnessed but this isn’t going to be the club where he ever exhibits any of it.

5 Likes

There’s probably something there but he’s never going to show it here with this coach and team so it’s pointless him being here any longer.

If we’re actually getting Ø on loan then we may as well look at getting him out somewhere on loan. Maybe a good spell convinces someone he’s worth over 30m.

2 Likes

He wasn’t really tho. If ya look at his stats a good majority of his goals in France were pens and he took advantage of a weak Europa League to pad his overall stats just like he does now. I made the argument even back then that Sarr would have been a more prudent buy as he’s a year younger than Pepe and his assists/goals were on par minus the penos for Pepe.

An idea just popped into my head. Why not swap Pepe for Buendia? Might be a way to get out of this massive financial hole we’ve dug ourselves with the guy.

4 Likes

Some of us thought he wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference after a few games tbf.

2 Likes

When do we decide to cut our losses I wonder?

What a disappointment

Only saw 30 mins today so I’m not best place to judge how Pepe performed in the whole game, but I don’t think he looked bad.

The decision that annoyed me was switching Pepe back to the right wing and dropping Saka to left back. I would have prefer Arteta going like for like, taking Nketiah off for Lacazette.

1 Like

This ain’t the NBA man, Pepe isn’t agreeing to join Norwich :pepe1:

4 Likes

Maybe we can buy Emi and loan Pepe to them, help them get back up to the PL and then work out a deal of some sort.

In the summer 100%. There’s zero reason for anyone to persist with him. The coach doesn’t like him and the people who signed him are gone. If they think someone like Ødegaard is what we need more than anything then someone is going to leave to make that happen.

2 Likes

Definitely in the summer. I think a loan is almost the only way we’ll get him out. Get him into a lower level of competition, playing every week and try to goose his value. Can’t see anyone buying him outright in June for more than 10–15m. He’s just not very good at football.

Created next to nothing until I gathered up the courage to switch on my TV. Coincidence?

1 Like

Bout the same time Saka and Partey came on. Definitely upped his game. He was poor enough today but still created more than anyone, I do categorize him as one that desperately needs better players around him.

Willian Pepe and Martinelli all have to shoulder blame today but their performance definitely suffer having the nothing Xhaka-Elneny pivot behind them and the championship level Nketiah in front.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, this all starts with Xhaka and Elnenny having zero press resistance and their awful sideways, backward passing (apart from Xhaka’s L1+triangle spam balls with the left foot)

Means the attack has no base to build off and is left feeding for scraps in low percentage situations, which Pepe and Nketiah especially do badly in.

3 Likes