Nicolas Pépé

He really should stand out in this match.

Siiiuuu he is back. What a goal. @Cristo what Are u saying now bitsj?

3 Likes

Wait what makes you thinks Willian was signed to replace him?

3 Likes

I’m finding it really hard to see how this guy becomes a 25 goal a season player for us.

He just doesn’t have any drive or intent to his game.

Happy to be proven wrong but it isnt looking like that will be the case right now.

4 Likes

Ahh @Cristo @Bavin

I see what you’re doing here :wink:

I’ve fallen into your trap, just like last season

If he got 25 goals as a winger that would be frankly sensational. I can’t think of many wingers apart from ones at the elite who come close to that lol

2 Likes

Yeah, it is sensational, but I also can’t think of many wingers that cost 72m.

That’s why I think 25 goals (and I’d accept maybe 5 goal contributions instead of actual goals as part of that 25) is a reasonable expectation for that price tag.

2 Likes

He is such a weird player. I get hopes when he receives the ball thinking he will dribble past players and creates chances or score.
But then he goes many moments in matches where he is just holding onto ball far too long and lose it.

Need more Son/Mane straight line drive from him alongwith his dribbling

1 Like

25 goals? Who set that as a benchmark?

Piers peaked at 14 goals. And peaked at 21 goals/assists (14+7).

If he can contribute to 15-20 goals a season, he’s a very good attacking winger.

1 Like

What?

Bavin must be cracking up at the replies he’s fished lol best troll in the sport

1 Like

Really fucking annoyed at his timid personality on pitch

1 Like

Pepe needs to play. He’ll never produce the goods with short cameos.

13 Likes

He’s nowhere near aggressive enough.

As a wide player you need that swagger and mentality that you want to kill your opponents, either he he’s lost it since coming here or never had it.

Either way it’s an issue.

1 Like

Exactly, and he’s been reduced to cameos far too often in his time here so far. Just fucking play him and get him into a groove or else we’ll never see it.

2 Likes

Exactly. Start him over Willian.

5 Likes

He hasn’t earned it but might as well give him a run of games because Willian has been shit.

1 Like

He most certainly did earn it towards the end of last season. Bringing in Willian and immediately dropping him was bollocks.

14 Likes

At times like this you miss Theo

Look at Ceballos coming in and stamping his presence on the game.

Pepe just doesn’t have that drive in him to make a difference. Even if you play him to form, he will always be a confidence player and very inconsistent.
He needs to be more driven as a player.

2 Likes