NFT

Crypto is regulated, however as it stands only regarding AML and CFT.

The EU (I know, Brexit) is expending the regulatory scope for crypto (including NFTs, I believe) which would add (among other things) a duty of care for service providers, with MiCA.

You are right though, this is perhaps the stupidest thing you could say when promoting an NFT. Can imagine that his legal team was not happy with this tweet but it is still online so perhaps there is no legal team.

5 Likes

Not many Fraiser memes doing the rounds. Nice.

2 Likes

Glad people are waking up to the NFT nonsense

1 Like

Thanks for this interesting information!

You’re welcome

So where are we with NFTs?

Price of NFTs has been down for months. Personally never bothered with it, but a lot of money has been lost in the last year by people who invested in NFTs.

In my view, NFTs make it even easier to scam people with a bit less knowledge about crypto/blockchain than it already was with crypto. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big believer of crypto in general (mostly Bitcoin) and even work in this field. However, NFTs are a very risky investment and people should be very very careful before taking the step to buy a NFT.

It’s a shame that NFTs are out of scope for the MiCA regulation that was voted in favor of last Monday by the EU.

4 Likes