NFL

Awful scenes, Damar Hamlin collapsed on field and needed CPR. Ambulance taken him to hospital now and just hope he pulls through.

1 Like

You donā€™t expect young professional athletes to be suffering from cardiac arrests, such a shame.

Took a while but theyā€™ve done the right thing and cancelled the game for tonight. Presume theyā€™ll try and play tomorrow but who knows, depends on what news/updates come re: Hamlin.

Sounds like it was a Christian Eriksen type thing, hopefully they find the cause.

They managed to start his heart on the field so thatā€™s good

1 Like

Glad to read that this morning, there were some tweets from unofficial sources suggesting similar last night but never know what you can trust on there.

Hopefully they were able to prevent any serious brain damage and he can recover to normal. Not that heā€™ll ever play again but at least hope he can live out the rest of his life in comfort.

It is also difficult to understand how heart issues can go undetected in athletes that have had lots of physicals along the way.

Awful scene last night. Hope that he pulls through.

1 Like

Well I think thatā€™s more the worrying thing, these cases donā€™t seem to be due to underlying causes mostly, I donā€™t think the docs are suddenly routinely missing issues. More like freak incidents.

Yeah and thatā€™s the scary partā€“you have athletes in peak physical condition and no one knows that they have an underlying issue.

Apparently heā€™s awake and able to write, thatā€™s great news. Seems to remember he was playing football so suggests good things neurologically.

Hopefully a full recovery at least outside of footballšŸ™

3 Likes

I think he will be ok.

If you want to arrest you want it to be because of a funny heart rhythm.

A young guy with his fitness. Prognosis is probably pretty good

2 Likes

Itā€™s weird how graceful Mahomes is with those little under arm dunks offs cos he runs like a full on bellend lol.

1 Like

Sorry Jalen but I agree

2 Likes

yes, come on Vikings!

The Vikings will not go far in the playoffs

More importantly, come on Texans!!!

Hold on you fucking bums

1 Like

Did you see our third string qb throw that pick lolā€¦hilarious.

1 Like

Nah Iā€™ll watch the highlights but fucking Houston!!!

Lovie what a legend.

No. 1 pick incoming siu

2 Likes

who do you like for first overall?

Will Anderson or trade back

Anderson or carter should still be there a few picks back and hopefully could get a haul from a QB needy team

Poles has a huge opportunity to build a good team around Fields now this is great

2 Likes

Trade back ideally, providing it still involves a high pick. Iā€™d take Anderson if possible or another DE. Not Murphy. Should be able to get a very good 3 tech in FA.

1 Like