Next manager

Then we’re finished.

3 Likes

Correct. Just pack it in. Might bring Welbeck back.

2 Likes

We could easily attract a good manager. We just blew 150m in one window. We have all of the tools to do so. A big brand, a decent project of recovering former glory, a big modern stadium etc.

The club is so horrifically mismanaged.

6 Likes

This is exactly the profile of manager we’d hire if Arteta gets sacked

1 Like

I think potter would be a good hire for a midtable club looking to break into the top 6.

Somebody like wolves, Leicester.

That is where we are right now in terms of merit, so I think he’d be good for us.

But if we can get somebody better due to our stature and profile then let’s go for it. (I’m not saying we can’t, we had no right getting players like Partey, Odegaard etc.)

Conte is my dream. Because he would tell some home truths to the higher ups and tbh we need that sorted more than anything else.

Because if that was sorted then we wouldn’t be talking about Arteta right now.

1 Like

Potter got Ostersunds promoted 3 times and he took a lowly Swedish team to the europa league and won the domestic Swedish cup, on a very limited budget. I see ppl compare Arteta to SAF but if anyone should be compared to Fergie like that it should be Potter… He has bags more pedigree and success than Mikel. I’ll never talk down on Potter. The man has ideas that he’s actually implemented on the pitch to great success.

1 Like

Who puts Arteta or Potter on any level with Fergie ffs?
There’s not an ounce of comparison even worth discussing.
You might want to compare with Eddie Howe for that stuff.

5 Likes

I only want Conte no one else

5 Likes

It’s not a wild comparison because saf had done well in Scotland but was shit for a good 5 years or so at united before he started winning.

What he done at Aberdeen and subsequently faced at United doesn’t have any comparison with Potter.
Potter success rivals Howes promotions of Bournemouth from the lower Leagues. Nice inoffensive coaches at clubs who have low profile

Is our stature right now much higher than Liverpool’s when they:

Hired Fulham’s manager
Brought Dalglish out of a 10 year retirement
Hired Swansea’s manager?

I think we’re in for a rude awakening here. We’re already signing our big players from Brighton, Sheffield United and Madrid reserves. When was the last time a significant Arsenal transfer was from the championship or a relegated side?

There’s no reason for someone like Conte to come here. He could do really well and still be 5th for two years running. That’s not going to increase his status as a top coach, nevermind everything else being a mess here. Risk galore with little reward other than a salary.

I don’t even think we have any players that a decent coach would be excited to work with. You’d need it to be someone who wanted to develop our young, unrefined players.

I think we’re signing Potter types and hoping that they become Pochettino / Rodgers types.

5 Likes

Graham fucking Potter :sob::sob::sob::sob: God we’re so fucked :joy:

1 Like

Hate to break it to you mate, but we are truly and well a mid table club.

1 Like

I agree with all this.
The board have taken us down to a level so low that we can’t attract any manager or players that are top quality.

Kroenke has dragged us down and the supporters are stuck with it.

If we don’t get an elite manager like Conte to replace Arteta, we’re going to finish behind all our rivals and competing for mid table.

Our board have proved that they are incompetent and, after only a couple of games, we have had to write off yet another season.

So we are consigned to watching us finish nearer relegation than the European places.

Much like with us hiring Emery and Arteta, those managers weren’t the very best Liverpool could have had imo, the people running the club were just stumbling from one bad decision to the next.

Both Arsenal in the past 2 years and Liverpool then had enough stature to have appointed better managers. I know he’s long past his prime, but Everton could attract Carlo Ancelotti, there’s no way our stature is so damaged that the best we could manage was Pep’s cone boy.

6 Likes

Is that a stature thing or is it poor decision-making at the board/executive level? Were Liverpool really in a much better position when they hired Klopp? The only real thing of note that was different between those periods you describe and the point when they hired Klopp was one unsuccessful league tilt under Rodgers.

I think there’s a key difference between poor management at a club level and actual stature in the game.

EDIT: @JakeyBoy essentially said the same thing :joy:

3 Likes

He said so the next sentence…

1 Like

Fair points, I may have over egged that, but for those 3 hires did Liverpool definitely not try for better each time (Rodgers obviously did work out but he was still a punt on someone working at a lower level)? Then we’ve seen Spurs be rejected left and right by a ton of coaches and seen them settle for their 7th choice.

I don’t think we’re plague ridden and no coach will touch us, but I can’t see coaches currently at the top like Conte wanting this job right now over waiting for something better, and he’s one that many seem to think is plausible.

When we hired Emery was the point we were maybe still in that league, a top club that had one bad season and was out of the CL, but now I just can’t see it now.

Outside of Conte and Rodgers, is there another coach that you had in mind?

Potter would have us playing some of the best football we’ve seen in years.

It’s not just about big name coaches because Conte isn’t signing up to this clown show.

1 Like